Śhitty compounds!

There should be one, if its gone the lever should just pop off.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

In my experiences with compounds, the primary you have is too small to be using with that 62. But either way, your secondary isn't making much boost at all. On a 58 secondary and 78 primary set up we've done the primary was making 35 and the secondary was making 35 and this was all before 2,000 rpms, and you had to work hard to get the pyro hot. This was on a 12v with plenty of fuel. I usually try not to over spin either turbo because they make an expensive mess. LOL

No, I'm a full time mechanic. Last weekend I had to replace 6 of 8 fuel injectors on a LBZ Duramax. It took away all my spare time after work in Saturday and Sunday I went to go check on a garage remodel. I plan on putting the gate on this Saturday after work if the weather permits.

I was looking that the primary today. And I was thinking it was a little to all as well, but then I look at my boos pressures and think maybe it is just a tuning issue. I really need to put in a drive pressure gauge, but I don't have the means to do so right now(its called laziness). I'll play around with the spring gate this weekend and may e have some luck.

I found a conversion calculator for lbs/min to cfm and vise versa. The HT3B flow 1085cfm(74.98lbs/min). Kinda low of you ask me.

Can someone give me the formula to figure out what my secondary is producing?

Last edited:
Honestly, I'd put a boost gauge in the cold pipe from the primary to the secondary, and then a boost gauge in the cylinder head. And see what the data shows. I had a GT4294 which is 71mm under a 64/65/14 and they would make 85psi plus. I had the GT4294 waste gate set at 35psi and the S300's waste gate was fully open at 35psi. I backed them both down and kept boost in the 75-80psi area. That waste gate on that S300 was screaming. LOL This was on a 12v, so fueling will change the boost compared to what you're seeing with the VP.

If you real the first post, it states that I do have a boost gauge for my primary turbo and total boost. I see 66psi total boost and 28psi primary.

Wet to put my spring gate one and snapped a bolt off in the turbine housing. Once loosened I as able to spin the bolt three time with my finger before it froze up, so I put a wrench on it and it only got worse, about a half a turn and snap(the bolts were too long for the hole in thw housing). So not I have two of the other bolts still holding the wastegate on. I won't be able to do anything for a long while. So now I'm sitting on two pieces of śhit. The Industrial Injection turbo and the Stainless Diesel Spring gate.

If its not too difficult to get the Turbo apart, leave the turbine housing on the manifold and pull the cartridge/compressor housing and see if the bolt will go in.

I don't have a welder at home. It's at work which is closed on the weekends. I can remove everything and drill the bolt out and re-tap everything with no-issues, just won't have time for a while. It will take about 2-3 hours to do so. I'm just kinda pissed because the person who assembled the charger didn't know any better. Instead of stopping and finding a shorter bolt, he just impacted it one there.

I will have to completely remove the turbo, not enough room to get the bolts out of the turbine completely also all my tools are at work. I'm not dumb, I make my living doing this stuff, I just have to find the time. At night I go to a richly neighborhood to repair a ceiling that fell through and I'm redoing a garage on the weekend.

Gotcha. Keep an eye on it to make sure its not working its way in as you drive.

I thought mine were open but now that I ponder it, I might have been thinking of the retainer holes and I don't have a gated housing to look at right now.

I had one of the retainer bolts break off on me once and I was able to just thread it through the housing, I think soot just gunked up the threads.

I'm not sure, I'll find out next weekend. This housing only has like 600 miles on it and I was able to threat the bolt out several times. I guess soot could have done it.

I apologize if I was throwing out bad info, sometimes my fingers out run my brain, which isn't that hard to do lol.

Sorry to hear that. Im in the same boat, had 3 days off this year. Its hard to tune these twins and all the other little things that go along with it, when all you do is work.

Proud member of B0TTSR.COM

Alright, boss called me from work! So that meant I had access to my tools. Chevota, it's definately a blind hole, which is now open. I had to take it from 5/16 to 3/8 and open up my SD gate. But it on, and I'll play with it tomorrow.

Back