Śhitty compounds!

Headcase98002

Well, I know I have posted in the "Tuning Compounds" section but i never really get much help. There is a lot of traffic and questions that gets asked. I was just curious of these turbos are not complementing each other or something. The way it is now and it's been said before but the total boost reaches 66psi and primary boost reaches 27psi. My EGT's reach 1500* pretty quick.

The secondary light and goes up to 59psi and then the gate fully opens and primary boost spikes from 19psi to 27psi in an instant.

This diaphragm gate suck to tune it either laggy or decently quick spooling.

What kind of gate? Internal on the 62 or external on the manifold?

Sounds like you might benefit from a spring style actuator, its more linear, and sweeps rather smoothly...

Couple bucks is definitely worth a shot...
I found that you set your diaphragm store up to open at around 30 psi, it opens there, then boost continues to increase opening gate father, driving big turbo harder and little turbo nothard enough..
With spring style i found its more linear and with spring rate, and proper choice, it will gang out right where it needs to.

We will see, but are these charges matched? Is the 73.5mm HT3B I have too small? It has the 26cm turbine housing.

It should work just fine for you. It's a good all around primary...

Ok, so I ordered an S300 spring gate, but I also forgot to mention, that I don't even come lean the fuel up. I got a pretty good trail goin behind me.

Check for boost leaks and drive pressure leaks In a big way,
I was told that 6 hole injectors don't clean up very well and are in general dirty... But those compounds should clean it up ....
What do you have for a timing box?

6 hole sac nozzles are dirty injectors but flow lots of fuel. If you want a cleaner injector, step down to a 7 hole nozzle.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Van Aaken, the only thing it did for me was make it spool faster and clean up the daily driving haze I had been fighting with. No boost leaks up to 10 psi. And no exhaust leaks except for a small hotpipe leak(only under pressure).

6 hole sac nozzles are dirty injectors but flow lots of fuel. If you want a cleaner injector, step down to a 7 hole nozzle.

Under normal driving, these ate cleaner than my old 7x.010's with lift.

I am about to fix a hotpipe leak on mine And am hoping for a bit more out of the set,
Add far as boost goes, test higher. I had leaks on mine that i didn't see till 35 and then they showed real bad..
Also, if you can check drive vs total boost. Get them close to 1:1 and see what happens.. It sounds like you are ok on that number for right now though.

I'm still in the whole tuning stage really, but can't get numbers from people. I have been told complete opposites. Also when I got my 1500* temps, I was in level #5 of the TST. I haven't gone any higher. Not too worried about smoke though at Full Throttle, I was just implying it wasnt cleaning up too well. I'll test for boost leaks this weekend.

I'll take this as an opinion and not fact. Also considering the fact his set is tightened to the stock cone angle.

That is what I have been told.

Back