Śhitty compounds!

Casey, Good advice posted in here. GET YOUR DRIVE PRESSSURE READINGS as well. If it keeps giving you fits you might even read drive pressure between stages.

Weston, under normal driving these things are cleaner than the 7x.010 with lift and I picked up 1.5mpg switching over.

I received my Stainless Diesel Sring gate today, I would expect a better quality product than what I received, hell the welds looked like a newbie made it.

You and I sound like we have the same issues. My boost numbers are similar and egts will settle around 1500. I do know for sure that i have a boost leak (working on fixing that). I'm curious how the spring gate is gunna work for you. Keep us posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna I stall that and check for a boost leak at a higher PSI as well. I just gotta put a set of injectors in a Duramax first.

A phatshaft 62 is a poor towing turbo by itself. In a twin set-up is will be worse.

You need the secondary to open sooner, like 35-40 psi.

The reason to run twins is to tow. By design a twin set-up needs a fast/soon spooling secondary, and that is NOT what you have.

I just swapped out my 63/68/70 for a 66/74/80 because of too much drive pressure...I couldnt imagine what the back pressure would be with a 65mm exhaust wheel.
Just for reference, I have used a 66/71/80 before as well, and it was ok...I just wanted quicker spool up for the street.

I just swapped out my 63/68/70 for a 66/74/80 because of too much drive pressure...I couldnt imagine what the back pressure would be with a 65mm exhaust wheel.
Just for reference, I have used a 66/71/80 before as well, and it was ok...I just wanted quicker spool up for the street.

Why do you always insist on comparing a twin set on a 6leaker to ones on a 5.9? It's like comparing apples to oranges.

So a Cummins has less drive pressure then a v8?
I would think that since a Cummins has 2 less cylinders, that with every piston cycle, there would be even more volume trying to get through the turbo...
So wouldn't it be worse with a 65mm exhaust wheel?

Not all Cummins engines are the same either...some rev to 3500....some past 6000...do you use the same turbos on them too?

With 66psi total and 27 from the primary that means the secondary is only making 13.67psi. I would tighten up the wastegate to drive the secondary harder.

Its not too bad, with a super b over a 475 I see about 95-100 psi drive at 85-90 psi boost. With my electronics off I see 55 psi drive with 62-65 psi boost.

*meant to quote extended's post

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Its not too bad, with a super b over a 475 I see about 95-100 psi drive at 85-90 psi boost. With my electronics off I see 55 psi drive with 62-65 psi boost.

*meant to quote extended's post

What is your fuel?

7x .014's and a Tst/smarty

Its usually off just driving around and I turn it up to 3 or so for highway driving. The high boost #'s I posted were on 7, it starts to get weird after that.

Back