10.05@142 superstreet record

I'm curious Torrey, 1/2 ton axles? :) I'm guessing here..

Jsf350, I think "stock", or #1 is actually less then #4 on the TNT/R.

stock with 3;42 gears, more less stock suspesion, you can pick the truck apart if you want, but the fact is, it's a pretty stock looking truck

stock with 3;42 gears, more less stock suspesion, you can pick the truck apart if you want, but the fact is, it's a pretty stock looking truck

Well, I said I was guessing.. If others are suggesting it weighing less then it "should", changing out the axles would be something not so obvious, especially on a you tube video. As i understand, tire selection and a large weight reduction is achievable by going to 1/2ton. It's a good idea IMHO.

It does seem a little light at 6800 for a short box that's "close to stock". If you don't mind, what else did you shaved off? I know stock short boxes are around 7200. I suppose the A/C is no longer installed, that could be close to 400# of stuff.

I'm not trying to pick anything apart. If he's giving up info for the benefit of others to learn from, why I can't I asked questions to do that, learn what makes his truck fast Redneck6.0L? Please do not get all butt hurt here.

The truck does weigh 6800lbs give or take a few, with me in it & I am 270lb. The HVAC system has been removed, along with stereo & speakers, stock seats, there is only 2 RCI buckets in the front, the truck still has the factory door panels & carpet. Removed all factory oil coolers for trans power steering etc. Will try & cut some more weight, by cutting out the inner shell of the box, ( still on the fence about that one). It also has a cutom hidden hitch, behind the roll pan that is in excess of 80lbs. Truck runs stock drivetrain as far as axles & diffs are concerned, only change is 3:42 gears & a true trac locker in the front. Will attach videos of it snapping the rear axle & front drive shaft sled pulling (maybe i should have lifted on that one)!

As far as the timing goes on the TNT R from as close as i can tell 1 is lower than 4, have not put an actual timing gun on it, but from reading previous threads on here & the way the truck reacts, i would be led to believe that is the case, would love to run 4 all the time, because it sure helps spooling with the extra timing, but it gives my head grief.
Sorry for the long post.

See attached vids,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAVxM_78iK8
5hrs after setting the SS record.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmYxETP2R6U
Destroying the axle & front driveshaft

That truck is a beast. You plan to keep drag racing and pulling with it as well? Please tell me you don't engage the locker in the front when you are drag racing? :eek: Get your license and come to Topeka, got to see that truck.:clap:

Jason- Boost is actually way south of 100psi, 72-74 sled pullin no spray, 80-85 when spraying drag racing, (the head is heavily ported thus lowering boost #'s.

Subman- The locker i run isn't selectable, as soon as it's in 4x4 she's locked all the time! No I will not be making it to Topeka. After some discussions with the better 1/2. Not having time to build a certified cage, nor get my competition license. Driving 1/2 way across the continent & not being able to run full out pass after pass, Is not really my style. Will be at Worlds for sure next year if I qualify. As well still doing some research into the whole head floating thing.

Torrey

Sorry to hear you won't be coming to Topeka, but I understand, not running full out is like kissing your ugly sister. Damn front end locked!!! How does it steer? I'd think if it got a little off it would want to pull you into the wall? We had front E-locker in Max'd Out but never engaged it. Have it for sale if anyone want it.

Torrey, What are you running for head studs, and O-rings or fire rings to keep that thing sealed up?

Brett I believe he is running A1 14mm studs. Not sure about the oring or fire ring though. Although I am sure he is.

Torrey, What are you running for head studs, and O-rings or fire rings to keep that thing sealed up?

dvst8r: I am running 14mm A1, do not have the engine either o ringed or fire ringed at this point. Was hoping to not have too. Spoke with ARP the other day & they will make me a set of 14mm 625's. Just in the process of doing some research at this point. Was hoping to not have to ring anything.

Subman: I find there is a little torque steer, depends all on the launch though. Sometimes it gets a little squirrely, but nothing where I've ever felt the need to lift, on my fastest run yet, the thing went straight as an arrow.

Torrey

Back