10.05@142 superstreet record

I'm curious Torrey, 1/2 ton axles? :) I'm guessing here..

Jsf350, I think "stock", or #1 is actually less then #4 on the TNT/R.

stock with 3;42 gears, more less stock suspesion, you can pick the truck apart if you want, but the fact is, it's a pretty stock looking truck

stock with 3;42 gears, more less stock suspesion, you can pick the truck apart if you want, but the fact is, it's a pretty stock looking truck

Well, I said I was guessing.. If others are suggesting it weighing less then it "should", changing out the axles would be something not so obvious, especially on a you tube video. As i understand, tire selection and a large weight reduction is achievable by going to 1/2ton. It's a good idea IMHO.

It does seem a little light at 6800 for a short box that's "close to stock". If you don't mind, what else did you shaved off? I know stock short boxes are around 7200. I suppose the A/C is no longer installed, that could be close to 400# of stuff.

I'm not trying to pick anything apart. If he's giving up info for the benefit of others to learn from, why I can't I asked questions to do that, learn what makes his truck fast Redneck6.0L? Please do not get all butt hurt here.

After watching his videos of that thing pulling it would destroy half ton axles. Awesome truck!

The truck does weigh 6800lbs give or take a few, with me in it & I am 270lb. The HVAC system has been removed, along with stereo & speakers, stock seats, there is only 2 RCI buckets in the front, the truck still has the factory door panels & carpet. Removed all factory oil coolers for trans power steering etc. Will try & cut some more weight, by cutting out the inner shell of the box, ( still on the fence about that one). It also has a cutom hidden hitch, behind the roll pan that is in excess of 80lbs. Truck runs stock drivetrain as far as axles & diffs are concerned, only change is 3:42 gears & a true trac locker in the front. Will attach videos of it snapping the rear axle & front drive shaft sled pulling (maybe i should have lifted on that one)!

As far as the timing goes on the TNT R from as close as i can tell 1 is lower than 4, have not put an actual timing gun on it, but from reading previous threads on here & the way the truck reacts, i would be led to believe that is the case, would love to run 4 all the time, because it sure helps spooling with the extra timing, but it gives my head grief.
Sorry for the long post.

See attached vids,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAVxM_78iK8
5hrs after setting the SS record.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmYxETP2R6U
Destroying the axle & front driveshaft

That truck is a beast. You plan to keep drag racing and pulling with it as well? Please tell me you don't engage the locker in the front when you are drag racing? :eek: Get your license and come to Topeka, got to see that truck.:clap:

Jason- Boost is actually way south of 100psi, 72-74 sled pullin no spray, 80-85 when spraying drag racing, (the head is heavily ported thus lowering boost #'s.

Subman- The locker i run isn't selectable, as soon as it's in 4x4 she's locked all the time! No I will not be making it to Topeka. After some discussions with the better 1/2. Not having time to build a certified cage, nor get my competition license. Driving 1/2 way across the continent & not being able to run full out pass after pass, Is not really my style. Will be at Worlds for sure next year if I qualify. As well still doing some research into the whole head floating thing.

Torrey

Sorry to hear you won't be coming to Topeka, but I understand, not running full out is like kissing your ugly sister. Damn front end locked!!! How does it steer? I'd think if it got a little off it would want to pull you into the wall? We had front E-locker in Max'd Out but never engaged it. Have it for sale if anyone want it.

Torrey, What are you running for head studs, and O-rings or fire rings to keep that thing sealed up?

Brett I believe he is running A1 14mm studs. Not sure about the oring or fire ring though. Although I am sure he is.

Torrey, What are you running for head studs, and O-rings or fire rings to keep that thing sealed up?

dvst8r: I am running 14mm A1, do not have the engine either o ringed or fire ringed at this point. Was hoping to not have too. Spoke with ARP the other day & they will make me a set of 14mm 625's. Just in the process of doing some research at this point. Was hoping to not have to ring anything.

Subman: I find there is a little torque steer, depends all on the launch though. Sometimes it gets a little squirrely, but nothing where I've ever felt the need to lift, on my fastest run yet, the thing went straight as an arrow.

Torrey

Back