2.6 Drivetrain Issues (pullers chime in)

Which proves the point that 2.8 didn't need to go away. The same problems still exist, just the turbos are more expensive.

Which proves the point that 2.8 didn't need to go away. The same problems still exist, just the turbos are more expensive.

Really? Where do you do you think a Harts or CDS HX60 with a 2.8 bushing would be at HP wise? That is assuming that folks wouldn't try to run a larger turbine still in a 2.8 bushing class. Next how much do you think the price difference is between a Harts or CDS clipped HX60 for 2.6?

Last edited:
Really? Where do you do you think a Harts or CDS HX60 with a 2.8 bushing would be at HP wise? That is assuming that folks wouldn't try to run a larger turbine still in a 2.8 bushing class. Next how much do you think the price difference is between a Harts or CDS clipped HX60 for 2.6?

The protrusion rule pushed people to explore options to not lose hp and forced everybody to follow suit wether we want to or not. I don't care if a person breaks a 100 ring and pinions. If they don't like it turn the ***** down or go open driveline. The top ten extreme trucks are determining the other fifty behind them. The machining of covers and wheels is where the cost come from which is caused by these power restricting rules which only worked for a week so what's next.

The protrusion rule pushed people to explore options to not lose hp and forced everybody to follow suit wether we want to or not. I don't care if a person breaks a 100 ring and pinions. If they don't like it turn the ***** down or go open driveline. The top ten extreme trucks are determining the other fifty behind them. The machining of covers and wheels is where the cost come from which is caused by these power restricting rules which only worked for a week so what's next.

You can by an s465 and run it in the 2.6 class...

It pulled the power back, as I said who is to say they wouldn't be running an HX80 bushed to 2.8? Other things have developed in the class that have added power as well.

How many individual runner heads were in the old 2.8 class?
How many air to waters?
Think the pumps are the same?
Injector improvements!!!!!?
Top feed injectors?
Better cam profiles?
Higher ratio rockers?

Last edited:
Air to water intercoolers were the beginning of the end so to speak.

You can by an s465 and run it in the 2.6 class...

You can run that in the 3.0 class too. That doesn't make it ideal.

How many individual runner heads were in the old 2.8 class?
How many air to waters?
Think the pumps are the same?
Injector improvements!!!!!?
Top feed injectors?
Better cam profiles?
Higher ratio rockers?

All of those things are not a requirement to hook. They're just nice to have if you wan't to win.

so i are we just going to jump from rule to rule forever with pulling?

The most logical fix for the classes in my opinion;

2.6" - open rear axle
3.0" - bar tires

I kindof like that idea Smokem.

I think the end of the 2.8 class was the whiners who wanted an "entry level" class and came up with 2.6. It looks very similar to the 2.5 classes popping up now.

I say let it be. Its not rules fault that these guys are breaking parts. They choose to push the limit of their drivetrains and i dont blame them.

Imo bar tires are for super stocks. We have been over this before.

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Diesels should never have been able to run duals. No other classes in pulling can run them up to the point diesel came on the seen. If that had been shot down in the begining then driveline breakeage wouldnt be an issue as much

Last edited:
Its just the 2.6 class. You dont hear this in 3.0 and up

I think it happens in 3.0 as well; there aren't as many 3.0 trucks on here. Deck plates and protrusion chargers are issues that are discussed quite a bit in 3.0.

I think it happens in 3.0 as well; there aren't as many 3.0 trucks on here. Deck plates and protrusion chargers are issues that are discussed quite a bit in 3.0.

Discussed yes but hardly the crying that goes on in 2.6

Just wait till they allow deck plate engines in 2.6, some are already pushing for it. That is another point that should have been shot down but a few pushed it through and here it is.

Last edited:
Back