2.6 Drivetrain Issues (pullers chime in)

Bar tires are for pulling trucks, what makes no sense is putting DOT tires on a truck that makes 1500hp.

yet i dont see all the 3.0 guys crying wanting to run them......if they do want to run them they can and pull with the unlimited single class

i agree that the 2.6 class could be called "out of hand" but its too late to do anything about it now and the class seems to be doing just fine as is.

i also see the need for an "entry level" class and like you said there are already established rules that are working just fine for a 2.5 class. now if they can just keep it that way it seems to me that everything would work out just fine. but it also could easily go the way of the 2.6 class if it isnt kept in check, i've already had a guy ask me if a S480 could be made 2.5 legal

yet i dont see all the 3.0 guys crying wanting to run them......if they do want to run them they can and pull with the unlimited single class

Most 3.0" don't post on the internet, you think they wouldn't run bar tires if they had the chance?

The most logical fix for the classes in my opinion;

2.6" - open rear axle
3.0" - bar tires

I was just discussing this with some customers at the shop last week and it could happen in our area along with some other changes. The 2.6 guys are tired of braking sh!t and some of the 3.0 guys are running bar tires when they can and like it. If the 2.6 pullers don't want to cut the hp then something needs to change.

Diesels should never have been able to run duals. No other classes in pulling can run them up to the point diesel came on the seen. If that had been shot down in the begining then driveline breakeage wouldnt be an issue as much

I suppose the ship has sailed but this seems the most obvious answer.

Diesels should never have been able to run duals. No other classes in pulling can run them up to the point diesel came on the seen. If that had been shot down in the begining then driveline breakeage wouldnt be an issue as much

Couldn't of agreed more with you!

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

The notion of not allowing duals is a tough pill to swallow, even when proposed in the 2.5" class.

i agree that the 2.6 class could be called "out of hand" but its too late to do anything about it now and the class seems to be doing just fine as is.

i also see the need for an "entry level" class and like you said there are already established rules that are working just fine for a 2.5 class. now if they can just keep it that way it seems to me that everything would work out just fine. but it also could easily go the way of the 2.6 class if it isnt kept in check, i've already had a guy ask me if a S480 could be made 2.5 legal

How many areas in the country have an unlimited single class?

Who builds the deck plate engines does anyone know any trucks running them
Wayne Greer has one and a lot of the 3.0 guys from indiana have them and from a pm sounds like 2.6 already has them as well. For different reasons but sounds like they are there as well
How many areas in the country have an unlimited single class?
Maybe 1or 2 left in the country

Last I heard with no injection pump, injector or air just the long block is $45k

The protrusion rule pushed people to explore options to not lose hp and forced everybody to follow suit wether we want to or not. I don't care if a person breaks a 100 ring and pinions. If they don't like it turn the ***** down or go open driveline. The top ten extreme trucks are determining the other fifty behind them. The machining of covers and wheels is where the cost come from which is caused by these power restricting rules which only worked for a week so what's next.

I agree. Each class was designed with limits to the power and ability of the truck. When the turbo rule was fudged to allow an additional half inch of diameter to the bore through the "map" grove, things got out of hand. My point is to not keep accommodating the people who are finding the limits. The stock driveline rule is a clear distinction between 2.6 and 3.0. I agree with the above, if you want to break a ring and pinion every night, go ahead. If not turn the power down or move up into a class more suited for your power level.

So because I am above 800, I should move up to 3.0 class? I dont think so, this truck pulling, not kiddy pedal pulling where everyone gets ribbon. Sorry if its not fair to the low buck guy. Life isnt fair. Those who have built their trucks to run at the top of one class should not be punished and forced into the next class because some are sucking hind tit.

The guy with the deep pockets will still get his jollies out of beating up on the little guy. If ring and pinions keep breaking there will be someone who figures out how to make some super strength set that costs way too much and keep on winning. That is great fun! The other option would be to go to open driveline where there are others with deep pockets and have to actually compete. Meanwhile the true beginners give up since it is no fun anymore. End of sport.

These are almost comical to watch. Don't change the rules every year. Make a set and stick to them. Keep 2.6 stock drive line. Turn down the power a bit. Like said above don't accommodate to the guys pushing the turbo rules.

I agree. Each class was designed with limits to the power and ability of the truck. When the turbo rule was fudged to allow an additional half inch of diameter to the bore through the "map" grove, things got out of hand. My point is to not keep accommodating the people who are finding the limits. The stock driveline rule is a clear distinction between 2.6 and 3.0. I agree with the above, if you want to break a ring and pinion every night, go ahead. If not turn the power down or move up into a class more suited for your power level.

Thats very true i feel that the top guys should move up but i dont think they should be forced to. If they want to keep breaking parts or spend $8k on a "1-ton" rearend its their money im not going to tell them how to spend it.

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

I agree with running cuts in the 3.0 class. If you compare trucks and tractors, look at the pro stocks and super stocks. Both tractors look similar on the out side with a noticable power difference. Same goes for trucks, 3.0/unlim single with cuts and super stock diesel trucks would look similar with a noticable power difference.

Back