2 stage/dual stage water to air for a daily driver

I think the issue is your trying to push water through a system with a lot of system head, with a low head pump. The intercoolers and radiators are big restrictors.

That's my $0.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the issue is your trying to push water through a system with a lot of system head, with a low head pump. The intercoolers and radiators are big restrictors.

That's my $0.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what is everyone else using to pump water? I'm not the only one with w/a.

I hate to sound like a quitter, but what else can be done if no water pump can work with this?

Maybe I should eliminate that tank, and mount the pump in the front bumper? That would free up about 60' of hose, with 30' of it being the high pressure side.

Last edited:
So what is everyone else using to pump water? I'm not the only one with w/a.

Not everyone else is running water through all the hose you are or through 2 intercoolers and 2 radiators. The intercoolers and radiators are big time flow restrictions. If your going to run a set up like this you need a high pressure pump. Not so much a high flow, bilge type pump. Bilge pumps aren't made to work against much pressure.

I will disagree those intercoolers are very high flow and imo are not a restriction. Cant say for the rest of the setup.

Now I'm thinking about putting the pump in the front bumper, and making it all 1 "circuit" to eliminate as much hose as possible. That will eliminate probably 60' of hose. Then I just have to figure out a way to get water in the system.

Last edited:
Have you checked your setup against a schematic?

Squeaky Wheel

Please pardon my ignorance/lack of experience, but I'm not sure what you mean. I know what a schematic is, but I don't know where I would get one or what I'm checking for.

I got the hose re-ran. Now it goes

pump-->1st cooler-->1st exchanger-->2nd cooler-->2nd exchanger-->pump

I removed a good 45' of line. I tested the new setup with the garden hose set to just barely trickling. It flowed through the system great after it filled all the components. I'm going to hook the pump up in the morning with the return line open and feed the pump with the tank to see if it can pump on its own.

If this pump still doesn't work in the morning, I'm going to call a local shop that sells oberdorfer pumps, and see what they can set me up with.

I got the hose re-ran. Now it goes

pump-->1st cooler-->1st exchanger-->2nd cooler-->2nd exchanger-->pump

I removed a good 45' of line. I tested the new setup with the garden hose set to just barely trickling. It flowed through the system great after it filled all the components. I'm going to hook the pump up in the morning with the return line open and feed the pump with the tank to see if it can pump on its own.

That was going to be my next suggestion, to run open loop and see what happens.

As far as a schematic, just draw out what you planned to do and compare to what is there. Sometimes things jump out at you.

Squeaky Wheel

so I tried it hooked up to five feet of hose to a cooler with the other end of the cooler open. Nothing. But I was able to push water through by just blowing into the hose with my mouth.

what am I missing here? Does the pump have to be on its side, or is the air in the line causing it to not push water?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

What does the pump do if you pinch the discharge from it off?
I remember you said it flows but will it spray?
Squeaky Wheel

Squeaky Wheel

No change in sound. I'll try to get a video of it working.

Lol.. Sorry I had to.. Carry on. If you need some help I can swing by later and we can troubleshoot. I won't be blowing on anything for you though.

Thatd be nice, trying to move the pump and wiring and the hose around with only 2 hands is getting old LOL

Squeaky Wheel

Pump flow: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJfoHcyUagw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJfoHcyUagw[/ame]

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I really think this pump just can't keep up. I need to talk to a puller and see what they are doing. I'm sure their pumps are out of my budget though.

Watched video. I guess the impellor is attached.
A water hose is about 80 psi. I wonder if it will push through

Squeaky Wheel

Watched video. I guess the impellor is attached.
A water hose is about 80 psi. I wonder if it will push through

Squeaky Wheel

I have no idea what you are saying LOL

And I called master pumps in town, they quoted 1100 bucks for a pump that'll do 50gpm @8psi. Not happening :(

Back