2003-2004 UDC Info

There is a thread named Smartyresource you can tell Brian at Smarty you would like copy/paste.

Well finally did. Wot run and nees to do something about the smoke. Made 55psi in od and let out around 110 and the road behind me was all black . With my old tntr tunebi could barely hit 45#.
So much better fueling up to just too much duration I am thinking.

S472 and 8 hole cpp 150's. I've never seen that much smoke on the top end end yet it made more boost than ever before. Need to do a 2nd gear tc locked run to video and compare it to the old smarty tune.. the boost gauges just flys ip now bu still way too smokey

S472 and 8 hole cpp 150's. I've never seen that much smoke on the top end end yet it made more boost than ever before. Need to do a 2nd gear tc locked run to video and compare it to the old smarty tune.. the boost gauges just flys ip now bu still way too smokey

More timing with that duration.

Give this a spin if you like.

Attachments

• V31.your own risk_sample.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
tried out your file estrada, smoke on top is gone but very nasty smoke while lighting the turbo. dont know i i feel comfortable running that much timing right now with my setup. it is fun though doing rolling burnouts in 2nd then shifting to drive and lighting the tires back up,lol burnouts at 70 are nice. gonna work on another version. thanks for the help, ill post up what i come up with.

Be sure to post up what you come up with. Not many people share what they are playing with helps us all learn.

I would imagine a 62 and 480 spooling compare to a 472 are a smidge different.

On edit: just filled up today. Got 18.76mpg going 216 miles with a little over 1/3 in town.

Last edited:
k i pulled a little timing out and came up with v8. this tune ran pretty clean up top and little to not haze under light accel. still a little dirty while getting up to cruise and while pulling into traffic
then decided to try a different timing curve and see the results. v10. increase some cruise timing and pulled some fuel out of the cruise and load load ranges. gonna go for a spin now.

Attachments

• v8_sample.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 0
  • v10_sample.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 0
Didn't like 10 at all. Trying a timing between 10&8 also dropped the duration up top down a little. So fun smoking the tires from 40-70 though

I found that when I change duration at low load percentages I would have surging issues. Did you have any issues? I read that if duration is lowered beyond what is needed the ECM will pull from a different cell. Seems like this would make it hard to tune.

Where is your test drive road at?

I used to drive a hay truck and deliver to a few dairies Ferndale and I always thought that the grade coming out of Eureka headed towards Willow Creek would be a good road to burn carbon out.

I get on the 101 @ airport then exit clam beach and get back on 101 and run up that hill by vista point. Will have to think about your first ? I am thinking I may just have dirty injectors when wot. The tune you sent me pulled hard but I don't wanna run over 27* timing. This truck is a while new beast now. I had some guy behind me who thought he was the **** until I was sideways up to 70 . My v10 tune did run about 1500* wot in od. Egts don't bother me as I have burried my 1600* gauge many a time.

I do think that as I lower my lower load duration cells tje smoke gets worse. Like you said ecm using a different table.

03-04 trucks are not responding/working as well with UDC as the 04.5+ trucks. Just about everyone that is having success with UDC has a 04.5+ truck.

Well this is what I am running currently. This looks quite a bit different then redram04 & estrada5.9. I also gave you the timing sheet with it so you can see what the fuel splits are. Some are just above 50/50 split at WOT but most aren't. You want to look at the Calc reverse tab. This will show you the values in the timing table above and the fuel splits underneath. The 90 HP in the name is for the injectors I am running now.

Attachments

• 90HP_004_sample.zip
    246.6 KB · Views: 0
Well this is what I am running currently. This looks quite a bit different then redram04 & estrada5.9. I also gave you the timing sheet with it so you can see what the fuel splits are. Some are just above 50/50 split at WOT but most aren't. You want to look at the Calc reverse tab. This will show you the values in the timing table above and the fuel splits underneath. The 90 HP in the name is for the injectors I am running now.

Could you possably e mail this tune to me at htrddsl03@yahoo.com. We are running very close to the same setup and I have been looking for a good starting point. TIA

Joe

Please remember you are responsibly for any damage to your truck. I posted this program just to let you know what I am doing. The timing calculator gives you some information on what the fuel splits are from BTDC. I don't recommend running this or any program unless its a smarty jr with out a modified transmission. The sample program you should be able to use to create you own program by comparing this file to your program file.

I understand, I had a decent tune when I had a stroker pump and bigger evrything else but I am having a hard time getting less smoke and good spool and keeping my fuel mileage good at the same time and still have decent power. The stock or close to stock pump is giving me trouble with not keeping up with my 50's.

Back