2003-2004 UDC Info

I understand, I had a decent tune when I had a stroker pump and bigger everything else but I am having a hard time getting less smoke and good spool and keeping my fuel mileage good at the same time and still have decent power. The stock or close to stock pump is giving me trouble with not keeping up with my 50's.

What are you using for gages when your driving? Do you have a UG? dropping my timing a bunch under 2200 and playing with tq management cleaned up smoke for me. Now I will be working on more power with out allot more heat. What mod's do you have? You should add them to you signature. You can use copy from compare feature to copy this whole program into yours.

181/210 cam, stock cp3 with a bag of parts installed, 50hp tips, FASS lift pump, 64/68/.90 turbo, studs, 110 springs, hd push rods, full billet trans, 373 gears on 35's. Do I have to have the smarty connected to the laptop with udc open to down load the file you posted? I don't have a gauge to watch the load but have all the normal gauges, RP, EGT, fuel pressure, oil pressure, coolant temp, boost. I have a drive pressure gauge but its not hooked up at this time. Had it hooked up when I was running my s472.

Last edited:
You don't have to have the smarty hooked to the laptop. Just open udc and the. Open the file that you wish to look at. You only have to hook the smarty up when you are ready to load a file to it. And you must have the dongle plugged in when you open udc or else it stays in demo mode.

Joe, I was advised to leave the duration alone under 3000rpm and play with the timing and rail pressure maps to change everything. The duration map is mislabled. Call up gecovey from coffman customs he can explain it much better on the duration map. Its all in the timing amd pressure.

I have been using a Ultragage which is cheap($70)but good enough for now. Just put your dongle in, start up UDC, Open up one of your programs, do a save as on it and then you can compare my program to the one you have opened. Then you can select the whole table or parts of it to copy into your program.
The duration table is screwy. You can adjust just two cells and they will cover a majority of your WOT timing area...

Great information. Would you guys recommend a gauge for monitoring engine load? Coming from the efi bandwagon I'm not used to these tables

I like to monitor mine makes much easier to figure out what is going on.

The post above yours is what a lot of folks use.

RPM , engine load and rail pressure are the ones you need. I'm assuming everyone had boost, egts...

I have read that OBDPro can data log but I have not got confirmation yet. I think thats about$180

Well this is what I am running currently. This looks quite a bit different then redram04 & estrada5.9. I also gave you the timing sheet with it so you can see what the fuel splits are. Some are just above 50/50 split at WOT but most aren't. You want to look at the Calc reverse tab. This will show you the values in the timing table above and the fuel splits underneath. The 90 HP in the name is for the injectors I am running now.

Why can I not get this file to open in the udc so I can compare it to what I have? I down loaded it, when I try to open to view it in the udc progran it tells me the script isn't correct. Any help would be greatly appriciated. I have never tried to view a tune like this.

Thanks, Joe

Why can I not get this file to open in the udc so I can compare it to what I have? I down loaded it, when I try to open to view it in the udc progran it tells me the script isn't correct. Any help would be greatly appriciated. I have never tried to view a tune like this.

Thanks, Joe

It is a (read-only) tune.

Has to be sent as a usable tune.

You can't open my sample file? If you store it on your desk top, open UDC, then do a file open and browse to that file it will not open? Are you running the latest version of UDC?

You can't open my sample file? If you store it on your desk top, open UDC, then do a file open and browse to that file it will not open? Are you running the latest version of UDC?

I can't compare (read only) files to my files.

Is this normal? Or do I need to update?

Ready only should just mean you can't change it but you should be able to compare.. Let me take a look when I get home.

Updated udc and still can't open and look at any of the files posted. Maybe it is the laptop at work that is the problem. Will try again at home.

Back