2010 events

Guess that answers my question. Would be nice not to have two events scheduled on the same day in such close proximity. It appears we have mainly two diesel racing organizations and about three big outlaw events. The drag racing portion at many of these events are not doing very well and I'd think it would be in everyone best interest to attempt some contact and try and avoid events on the same dates when they are say within 500 miles of each other?

Last edited:
Guess that answers my question. Would be nice not to have two events scheduled on the same day in such close proximity. It appears we have mainly two diesel racing organizations and about three big outlaw events. The drag racing portion at many of these events are not doing very well and I'd think it would be in everyone best interest to attempt some contact and try and avoid events on the same dates when they are say within 500 miles of each other?

HHMMMMM Chuck checked all boards and saw nothing, we don't have much choice as to when the tracks have open dates! It was funny a few hours after Chuck posted our event they posted theirs and we're at fault - I don't think so!

It's a state away, if we waited to okay with everyone there wouldn't be any dates available - why don't people check with us? We held 47 events last year - that's a lot to try and make everyone happy! We even booked dates where we competed with our own events last year, no matter it still worked out!

I'm sure Chuck will have a great turnout at the track!:rockwoot:

HHMMMMM Chuck checked all boards and saw nothing, we don't have much choice as to when the tracks have open dates! It was funny a few hours after Chuck posted our event they posted theirs and we're at fault - I don't think so!

It's a state away, if we waited to okay with everyone there wouldn't be any dates available - why don't people check with us? We held 47 events last year - that's a lot to try and make everyone happy! We even booked dates where we competed with our own events last year, no matter it still worked out!

I'm sure Chuck will have a great turnout at the track!:rockwoot:

I'm sure that is correct, maybe what we should do is have a conference phone call or a meeting at SEMA between the different organizations and look at a calander and start marking it up. It only would apply to areas where there is an potential problem with conflicting dates. I think NHRDA is only going to schedule 4 events in each region (24 total in 2010). So it might not be much of a problem at all. There might not be any alternative in an instant or two. I'd hate to think any organization would schedule an event on top of another on purpose. I happen to know that happened last year out west with another organization on at least one occasion. It doesn't do any of us any good to do that.

Is NADM planning any events in the western part of the country besides ON the Edge in Salt Lake?

Not going to kick this around a whole lot but look at the time I posted that we are having a June 5th event. Then look at the time NHRDA posted that they were having one. I looked around before i took that date so we did not step on any toes.

Chuck Rucker
NADM Drag Director
I hear you and that's why I chose to privately message you on Wed. before NADM fanboys started flaunting it. I'd rather this be solved behind the scenes with as little consequence to the racers than face the wrath of two organizations warring with each other.

June 5 Conflicts

just to ADD to the conflicts in the Columbus metro area on June 5. USA-EAST has run the PRO STOCK DIESELS at New Lexington, Ohio on the first Saturday of June for the past two years. This is scheduled again for 2010 on June 5th. and last year the Central Ohio Truck Pullers were at Wilmington, Ohio that same night with diesel pick-ups running.$.02

just to ADD to the conflicts in the Columbus metro area on June 5. USA-EAST has run the PRO STOCK DIESELS at New Lexington, Ohio on the first Saturday of June for the past two years. This is scheduled again for 2010 on June 5th. and last year the Central Ohio Truck Pullers were at Wilmington, Ohio that same night with diesel pick-ups running.$.02

I do know of this one. We will be working on the pulling times so hopefully those trucks do not have to choose a place to be.

FWIW, I spoke to the owner of Virginia Motorsports Park and they would love for a sanctioned body such as nadm to join in on there East Coast Truckin Nationals. They have this 3 day event every year in October and is mainly all about big rigs, and they need more help on the diesel pickup side. So far its just a drag racing/ truck show event but there is a sled pull track onsite.

I hear you and that's why I chose to privately message you on Wed. before NADM fanboys started flaunting it. I'd rather this be solved behind the scenes with as little consequence to the racers than face the wrath of two organizations warring with each other.

All that was stated was the OBVIOUS. You my friend decided to run your mouth with your statement.:clap: Carry on.

Bury your head in nerda's a$$ dude. They didn't announce chit til after the other event was announced. You know as well as I do that event is trash. Hasn't been worth a chit for 3 years now.

Which event are you referring to? The Indy event?

I'm not taking either side here but with the economy the way it is....It will effect the outcome at both events. Even if you split the outcome and come up with 50% each, you still only have 50%. I don't know what the answer is but 50% could be the difference in making the decision to go back the following year on either side.

Did you attend the Indy event last year? I'm assuming you are referring to the sled pull portion of the event?

I agree with Dennis, with this economy we need to all work together. Cutting what little pie there is in half hurts everyone.

No i don't care that you had 15 trucks at that event. I go by the turnout in the parking lot. No fans attended hardly at all after the other organization pulled the stuff they did and ruined Indy. Ran the competitors off and then then fans quit coming. So you can't tell me that was a big event. And if you think it was. You didn't attend back when it was actually a good event then. Anyhow. Looking forward to OH!!

I agree with Dennis, with this economy we need to all work together. Cutting what little pie there is in half hurts everyone.

Couldn't agree more Subman, we have offered the olive branch more than once with all parties involved but don't get a reply!

Unfortunate circumstances here but we'll get by no doubt, always do! All we can do is conduct business as usual and continue on down the road.

We hope all events turnout good for the sport and support any organization, club, promoter or business that puts money into diesel motorsports!

Back