2010 events

No i don't care that you had 15 trucks at that event. I go by the turnout in the parking lot. No fans attended hardly at all after the other organization pulled the stuff they did and ruined Indy. Ran the competitors off and then then fans quit coming. So you can't tell me that was a big event. And if you think it was. You didn't attend back when it was actually a good event then. Anyhow. Looking forward to OH!!

I don't know the politics of the Indy event, but obviously there are some hard feeling held by some. I think if I'm not mistaken the Indy event is usually ran on the first Sat in June isn't that correct? I'm wondering if everyone who does scheduling thought it would be any different this year? And why would anyone schedule an event against another in such close proximity if it could have avoided? I wondered the samething last year with the Thunder in Muncie event. Can't we rise above this sort of pettiness?

I wondered the samething last year with the Thunder in Muncie event.

Speaking of Thunder in Muncie.....I wonder if it going to be scheduled on the same weekend as well? I didn't figure that into my previous equation....That would now cut attendance down to 33 1/3 percent for each. :what:

It would be great if both organizations could get together on this June 5th weekend and maybe stagger the pulling and the drag racing so competitors might be able to make both events. They are only a little over 100 miles apart.

By "other" organization I meant DHRA. It used to be a good event until they ruined it. Anyhow, no beef here by any means. Can't wait for 2010. Should be a good year.

BTW it would be great to get a race up here in Michigan too.

That's the point........They all have potential to be great events. Like I said I don't have the answer of who should give in but regardless it is going to effect attendance at both events.

It would be great if both organizations could get together on this June 5th weekend and maybe stagger the pulling and the drag racing so competitors might be able to make both events. They are only a little over 100 miles apart.

Exactly.....Since I am going to be Pulling Anthony's truck in 2010 I need it to be arranged so I can be at the drag race and still have time to make the drive to the pulling track. While I don't mind speeding on the freeway I can only go so fastLOL

Exactly.....Since I am going to be Pulling Anthony's truck in 2010 I need it to be arranged so I can be at the drag race and still have time to make the drive to the pulling track. While I don't mind speeding on the freeway I can only go so fastLOL

LOL LOL:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

I will need a lesson in operating the hand Throttle....I hope it is the same principle as the hand clutch.:hehe:

Well I guess I will need a lesson on the hand clutch. Then when can compare how similar they are. Hand throttle I have a feeling is much easier!! Hand throttle your in no rush or do you have to be timely. Once you hear the turbo or get the r's past a certain point. Its go time!! Thats why I like. My brain only does one thing at a time.:hehe:

Well, I think I waited long enough and haven't seen anyone else take the plunge for this question, but any leads on a Cali event? Go easy on me, I know Cali is still a very young pulling market......

Joe

Well, I think I waited long enough and haven't seen anyone else take the plunge for this question, but any leads on a Cali event? Go easy on me, I know Cali is still a very young pulling market......

Joe

Not right now Joe, but that doesn't mean they are not on the radar! Still looking and evaluating!

So much for no pissing matches like I asked. Let me answer some of the questions.

Thunder in Muncie will be back this year. It will not be on the June 5th weekend.

June 5th was the only weekend NADM could get the trails that fit our time line.

Cali event, we will be back for weekend on the edge and there is a pull slotted for that time.

For those attacking joefarmer he is only concerned because he wanted to make both events. When I stated the times of the posts he said nothing else, please quit beating a dead horse.

With the way the economy is, what i see is we just put a event 5 hours closer for alot of people that would not go to Indy this year.

We have and will continue to try and work with anyone to promote diesel motorsports. I travel to several events every year to help others with their events. We are not trying to book dates and compete with anyone.

this economy should be forcing the NADM and NHRDA teams to sit down and put ego's behind and work together.

Just from a sponsor's point of view. Looking at some of the turnout's this year it was looking a little ugly.

So much for no pissing matches like I asked. Let me answer some of the questions.

Thunder in Muncie will be back this year. It will not be on the June 5th weekend.

June 5th was the only weekend NADM could get the trails that fit our time line.

Cali event, we will be back for weekend on the edge and there is a pull slotted for that time.

For those attacking joefarmer he is only concerned because he wanted to make both events. When I stated the times of the posts he said nothing else, please quit beating a dead horse.

With the way the economy is, what i see is we just put a event 5 hours closer for alot of people that would not go to Indy this year.

We have and will continue to try and work with anyone to promote diesel motorsports. I travel to several events every year to help others with their events. We are not trying to book dates and compete with anyone.

Chuck,

Not trying to pick at you.....Attendance will be affected no matter how you choose to look at it. You have to do what you have to do! The situation will play out the same no matter who is envolved. Best of Luck.

I think alot more people will travel to ohio it more of a center point, and from trails to indy is like 3 hours so I would say about 180 miles away or so?

Bury your head in nerda's a$$ dude. They didn't announce chit til after the other event was announced. You know as well as I do that event is trash. Hasn't been worth a chit for 3 years now.

All that was stated was the OBVIOUS. You my friend decided to run your mouth with your statement.:clap: Carry on.

I want to run BOTH events. I only posted publicly after talking with Chuck, hoping the newest National event within 100 miles on June 5th could somehow be rescheduled after the conflict was discovered since it's not an annual event yet. Since the date appears set, how about Ohio drag racing at night?? It should be cooler & we may see some sweet record setting passes that way.

NHRDA, NADM, NABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWIZ; I don't care how you arrange the letters- I want to race. National events are what my sponsors reward the highest. My only regret for the '09 season is that I couldn't afford the turbo to race the Numidia event because I destroyed it at Thompson the week before.

this economy should be forcing the NADM and NHRDA teams to sit down and put ego's behind and work together.

Just from a sponsor's point of view. Looking at some of the turnout's this year it was looking a little ugly.

I agree. Not good for the sport. I'm not pointing finger towards either group, but this sucks as a racer wanting to run against the best trucks in the area, and as a spectator not seeing the areas best trucks in one location.

Maybe should have a spin off in neutral thread where everyone can discuss.

Maybe should have a spin off in neutral thread where everyone can discuss.

Yes, that would be nice. NHRDAs "fanboys" quoting joefarmer LOL are getting lots of press for them in NADMS higher trafficked forum!!:poke:

As far as egos, Chris and I talked several times last year about avoiding each others events, there is no war that I know of between the ORGANIZATIONS, now between the fans, thats up to them, not the Org problems. But be nice guys jeez, we are all in this together.

Its 200+ miles between events, and with all the other pulls going on the 5th of June in Ohio, already, and the economy, no way was the Indy event going to bring Ohio pullers. Sorry to the racers, maybe Chuck can figure out the schedule with Randy and help out the racers, but 200 miles is a long way.

Thunder in Muncie, I was waiting for a more formal announcement, but yes, it is under new management, NADM, and a new date AWAY from the first two weeks in June. That was done on purpose, months before, to make sure it missed the Indy event, in case it happened, and switched a weekend one way or the other.

There are only so many weekends a year, that are nice in the midwest, and our rule is 200 miles away, have another event.

well it looks like its gonna be lonely in Creswell because we are having the 4th Pro Diesel Challenge on june 5th.oh well more prize money for me to win.just messing on a more serios note i would appreciate it if someone from nadm would pm me a list of race dates and locals so Buck and I can pick a date.i cant promise we wont double book but we will do our best not to..thanks..jess

Back