2010 Ozark Blackouts- Rogersville, Mo

hey ruben, was nice meeting u. u were faster than wade, the big guy that had the grey 3rd gen.

does any one know bout the point system they are gonna be running? and the pay out

Wish i could have made it. Sounds like it went well just wasnt in the cards for me this time. Should be good to go next time

Been in Dallas at a GM meeting for last several days so just now getting online.

Hey Jason, Awesome job! The new tires look tuff.

Dan, missed you guys...how was Miami, OK?

We had a blast Sat! It was only my 2nd time to drag. I really beat on my truck all day. I ended up with 16 quarter mile passes and most of them in the 12.5's and 12.6's. My two best times were a 12.56 & a 12.57. Chris had ran a 12.52 fastest of the day. It ended up the two of us in the final. He told me earlier when I beat him in the bracket "I'll see ya in the final". That he did! I pulled him about a truck and a half until about 2/3 track and mysteriously his black smoke changed color and he put a truck and a half on me at the line...Dang white bottle he has in the bed! *nx*

I was really excited to see the number of spectators and trucks there for the sled pull! Also nice to have 4 diesel classes and more trucks than I am used to seeing. I had a good hook in the 2.6 class. When the 2.8 came around and I watch a few trucks, I thought, Oh Crap! I'm outclassed! Needless to say after 7 years of working, 16 1/4 mi passes on the day, and a very agressive launch in the 2.8 class I broke the right fromt axle. I never let out of it and ended up 3rd. 1st time in 4 yrs of pulling that I have broken something.

The worst part of the night was that I had to be hauled home by a Dodge since I didn't have a 36mm socket with me to pull the axle and drive it home. Just kidding!:poke:

The best part of the night was the four envelopes with the dead presidents inside.

Hope more of you all will be at the next 3!
Cheers,
Craig Preston

Congrats Craig, heard your truck ran well.

Miami was pretty good, I am trying to recover from some transfercase issues still. The old man from Seneca put down a heck of a pass both nights. He will be a force to be reckoned with as I think there is still some more in it as he tweaks it.

Drags ran until 5:50 and pull ran until 11:40ish. I was so busy all day and didn't have anyone to video. First time I haven't gotten video of all the trucks pulling. Does anybody have any video of any of the events?

Congrats Craig, heard your truck ran well.

Miami was pretty good, I am trying to recover from some transfercase issues still. The old man from Seneca put down a heck of a pass both nights. He will be a force to be reckoned with as I think there is still some more in it as he tweaks it.

I'm not old compared to dirt!!!!!

When you get that tcase lined out you will be the one to be reckoned with.

Truck did like the track at Miami.

Here is a link to Friday nights pull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e_58p6IGJs

I think I attached a couple of pics to this of drive shaft issues from Sat night.

Craig, when will you be at the next Spring River pull, I wanna see you run, sounds like you been doing some tweaking yourself.

Attachments

• Copy of shaft 003.jpg
    Copy of shaft 003.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Copy of shaft 004.jpg
    Copy of shaft 004.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Looks like you need to detune a little gary. You have too much power to be twisting driveshafts like that. Since i jinxed you last year on the front knowing my luck my first pass out i'll do something like that too lol. At least you know your making good power! Dont know if i wanna hook against you this weekend

I'm gonna turn it down to save on parts.

You gonna have that thing together this weekend?

I'm not old compared to dirt!!!!!

When you get that tcase lined out you will be the one to be reckoned with.

Truck did like the track at Miami.

Here is a link to Friday nights pull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e_58p6IGJs

I think I attached a couple of pics to this of drive shaft issues from Sat night.

Craig, when will you be at the next Spring River pull, I wanna see you run, sounds like you been doing some tweaking yourself.

Nice run! Who was the white F350?

I don't know if I will pull a Spring River Pull or not. I will just have to see what time allows. I am planning on running the Ozark Blackout series at Rogersville though.

Yeah, after 3 years of pulling on the stock turbo I finally put on a 2.6 HTT and a 4" Tuff Country Suspension. I am very please with both.

Anyone get any videos of the red or white trucks from CO? 2.8 and a open truck.

my last name is spelled wrong. yall have it as godut, it should be godat.

Couple things...

1) Brad Hodler's name is spelled wrong as well... You have it as Hudler... It's actually Hodler.

2) Rules for 2.6 state "Factory Appearing" Engine.... Does this mean tubular stainless side draft intakes are out the door for 2.6?

3) Those of us who would like to run 2.6 and Open as well... Will allowances be made for the majority of a Nitrous system to be left in place?

I wouldn't have a problem removing solenoids, jets, bottle, and other small items like that, as well as let anybody who wants to verify before and after my 2.6 pull that there was no bottle. I can replace all those items pretty quickly... Obviously the main nitrous line, progressive controller, wiring and etc couldn't be replaced so quickly though.

I'm just curious how that will work.

-David

Last edited:
Sorry about names- time made penmanship at the pull rough- will correct! Convicted- For 2.6 class intake is OK. Tech for 2.6 on nitrous system- line to engine need to be unhooked. If anything in question by pullers or officials will be checked after. This is same for all trucks- if anything is questioned or suspected will be looked at to keep fair for all.

Back