2011 race schedule

Just curious, what did you guys log for racing mileage last year? My total was 13271 miles, not including flying into Edmonton, Dallas, Indy, Topeka and Orlando.

Counting Topeka (shoulda stayed home...) 16935.

LOL, if we could only predict those bad weekends and save the money and fuel!

BTW - my total includes a few gasser races as well, but is mostly for diesel races.

Counting Topeka (shoulda stayed home...) 16935.

You raced very well in Topeka, just a little too quick.:D

I think I'll race Phoenix, Portland, Spokane, Mission, Redding with my truck, I'll go to Indy and Edmonton and Billings with Rob if he goes with Max'd Out, Edmonton for sure, Billing and Indy are maybe's.

Last edited:
Just curious, what did you guys log for racing mileage last year? My total was 13271 miles, not including flying into Edmonton, Dallas, Indy, Topeka and Orlando.

For the four D2 races (Phoenix, Sacramento, Redding, Pueblo) and Topeka it was around 7800 miles.

No, there isn't. Only the three so far.

I'd love to see Famoso or LVMS make it on to the schedule for a fourth D2 event.

My mileage is pretty much the same as Steve's right around 8k. I would luv to hit up more races, but unfortunately I have to work for a living and still have 1 year left on payin off the truck. Once I get a race build goin, I will try to start hitting more races outside my "home" division.

No, there isn't. Only the three so far.

I'd love to see Famoso or LVMS make it on to the schedule for a fourth D2 event.

As far as I know there will be a maximum of three races per division. The NHRDA had too many races last year where the competitor turnout was less than 20 vehicles spread across all classes. I can verify this because I see all the tower records when I track the points. This was a huge drain on the organization's finances (travel, set up, track expenses). When the competitor count goes up more races should be scheduled. Until then we, as NHRDA members, need to help promote our events the best we can. I know Randy spends a lot of time calling local businesses where races are held. Whatever we can do will be a big help.

Jim

Even though I didnt get to race last year due to the engine issue, I still managed to put on about 6000 km (about 4k miles) This year hopefully will be a little better!

So you guys are dropping Lebanon Valley, NY this year? that's too bad I always looked forward to kicking off the racing season with that.

We ran up about 16,800km or 10,500 miles last year and looking like this year is going to be more as long as the old truck keeps running.....

We ran up about 16,800km or 10,500 miles last year and looking like this year is going to be more as long as the old truck keeps running.....

The condition of your race truck and everything else you guys do is amazing By looking at the quality and care, I'd believe the "old truck" to run forever.

As far as I know there will be a maximum of three races per division. The NHRDA had too many races last year where the competitor turnout was less than 20 vehicles spread across all classes. I can verify this because I see all the tower records when I track the points. This was a huge drain on the organization's finances (travel, set up, track expenses). When the competitor count goes up more races should be scheduled. Until then we, as NHRDA members, need to help promote our events the best we can. I know Randy spends a lot of time calling local businesses where races are held. Whatever we can do will be a big help.

Jim

Totally agree with Jim on this, we have to as members do a better job of helping to promote our races. I'd love to see more of the Outlaw race guys come out and race in at least one of the races that is closest to them. The races in Divisions 4 and 5 scheduled to date are:
Gainsville FL 3/36
Ennis TX 4/2
Charlotte NC 4/30
Indy 6/11-12
Petersburgh VA 7/16-17
Mohnton, PA 7/30

Hopefully those guys could make one or two of those. If we don't support our race organization there may well not be anymore races at all.

I don't like being the one complaining but looks like I will be ........... Gator Diesel in Florida, next weekend Dallas two weekends later North Carolina? Man that is like a month of racing forget a season. Don't know how to take that much time off with kids and work. I understand the thought process of having the crews in the area but it sure makes it tough for your average family man.

Last edited:
I don't like being the one complaining but looks like I will be ........... Gator Diesel in Florida, next weekend Dallas two weekends later North Carolina? Man that is like a month of racing forget a season. Don't know how to take that much time off with kids and work. I understand the thought process of having the crews in the area but it sure makes it tough for your average family man.

Know the feeling buddy.:doh:

For me it's Phoenix in March, then Pueblo, CO, Redding, CA, and Spokane, WA in May on consecutive weekends, a week off, and then Mission, BC. I'm tired already. We can't complain too much, Randy has to be at every event.

Jim

Last edited:
2011 NHRDA World Finals
September 10th 2011
Heartland Park Topeka Kansas

2011-WF-XL.gif

Back