2015 Rebuild

takedown95

Well, after not selling my 2.6 truck last Fall I decided to do a full rebuild this off season. I bought the truck from a fellow member on here in 2012 and while making some more moderate changes over the years ( including a power plant swap) now I can truly say the truck has been built by me. I figured from October 25th to now I have spent Over 600 hours and pretty much every weekend working on it.

The build didn't start out great as the first thing I did was put the weight box through the wall but I eventually pulled the motor that I had been running for two seasons.

1 (2).jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

I had some work done on the head and bought some new pistons, intake and exhaust.

4 (2).jpg

5 (2).jpg

6 (2).jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

I stripped the truck down to the frame and sold the old body back to Nate. I picked up a silver body from Chris Snyder last year.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

I then turned my attention to a new hitch design. It's not a completely novel hitch design but I found a way to improve on whats been used before. It's not quite ready to public disclosure at this point though....

I picked up a new 4" DOM driveshaft with 1480 u-joints, added some 9 way adjustable shocks up front, and picked up a new pit vehicle.

Along with painting that silver sport body black and getting a stretched box so the 158" wheel base looks factory.

31.jpg

40.jpg

42.jpg

47a.jpg

49.jpg

The front end needed a lot of work so I put in new wheel bearings, brakes, rotors, control arm bushings, 35 spline chromemoly inners, new outers, a new locker, new ring and pinion, a new Ultimate 60 cover, and anew 1 piece driveshaft with 1480 and 1430 u-Joints.

Out back I put in new 300M 37 spline axles, a new ring and Pinion, some billet bearing caps, and heavy duty girdled cover with some snubbers.

55.jpg

58.jpg

61.jpg

67.jpg

70.jpg

I also added some shock tower deletes. With the chassis and running gear work done I cleaned up the old girl sanded her down and POR15 the entire chassis.

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

I ditched the old steering gear which blew a seal once a year from using a hydraulic pump and upgraded to a 2.75" PSC unit with 7/8" ends.

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

Gutted the cab, Put ina light weight dash, and started to mock up the steering, the seat and the electircal.

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

Now for that rebuilt power plant: 6.7 Common Rail fully built from top to bottom.

Billet Cam added this year along with billet tappets. Bottom end kept the same with a girdle, billet rods and mains studs but got those new pistons and a filled block.

Put that big intake on top and then had to relocate the second CP3

66.jpg

83.jpg

85.jpg

89.jpg

92.jpg

Put the weight box back on and realized it was only at 57" so pushed it out to the full 60" and then tried to shoehorn that motor back into the frame. Had to notch it just slightly for the relocated CP3. Cab, box, hood and body panels back on.

88.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

100.jpg

103.jpg

I have a few more weekends of really getting the details done like last year still......but I'm down to less than a page of tasks. The last of the parts should be here this week or next.

This morning at 3am I was sick of work like I did last year so I pulled the fenders just to fonish up a few things.

143.jpg

105.jpg

Attachments

• 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wow! This is a build and a half! Good work man. The effort you put in really shows.

Back