2015 Rebuild

The video above is the only solid run I've had on it. I had an old stock cast 3.0 on it to start the season but it didn't like it. So I swapped on the new 2.6 hx60 above and made that pass. I went to a bigger turbine housing (from a 27cm to a 32cm). No problems falling under the charger even when it dragged me down to around 3850 at the end of the track. This weekend is Tomah and we are going to turn up the fuel and bit and see if we can get another 5psi out of it.

Any particular reason you went to the 32cm? To my understanding the 27cm made the most power on the dyno.

35-40 psi. Egts, drive pressure, pre innercooler and intake temps all dropped. Rpms, wheel speed and track speed are all up from last year on the same tune. I know these trucks like boost pressure but if I'm flowing more air at a lower temp and psi I will take it, especially with a 200 rpm gain.

I'm about 90% sure ours is a 25cm. but it's on a harts 3.0 60. I always thought it was small but ran too Dang good to worry about changing it. Plan on running a JEB next year yours looks awesome.

Nice. Interested to see how the fueling change effects it.

Me too. Chase at Beans has been making me some tunes and the truck really seems to like them. I'd like to see how it does around 1850us/38* @5000 rpms. I have a feeling the egts and psi will come up to about 1700* and 45 psi and I think that's where I will make the most power.

I'm about 90% sure ours is a 25cm. but it's on a harts 3.0 60. I always thought it was small but ran too Dang good to worry about changing it. Plan on running a JEB next year yours looks awesome.

25cm does seem a little on the small side but if it works run it! :)

I'm not sure. I never welded two 17s together. Even so I never had a logger with the single 17. What I can tell you is I was seeing intake temps drop from 500-600 to 70-75 degrees with dual 17s. When I upgraded to the two 22s I saw temps drop to 50* but I also saw discharge temps drop to 450 and overall psi drop to 35 due to the increased diameter of the piping.

That was my mistake I was interested in the setup you are running now with the type 22's not the 17's. Thank you for the information and I hope you have a good run this weekend! :thankyou2:

Thank you. After I turn it up a bit this weekend I will have some better real world numbers for you on the temps. I'm maybe thinking I went too big and the pumps can't keep up. There was a pretty good layer of ice left after my last run. Usually I like to see just a few cubes left over.

I have found the faster you move the water through the i/c the slower you go through ice. Seems the water outlet temp stays lower not melting the ice as fast.If that makes any sense?lol

Last edited:
Interesting. Being a closed system I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference. I suppose surface area of the ice makes a difference. Also the fact that the coolers are bigger and have a larger capacity to hold cold water perhaps it doesn't get as hot during heat transfer. Either way if the temps stay down I am happy. :)

Me too. Chase at Beans has been making me some tunes and the truck really seems to like them. I'd like to see how it does around 1850us/38* @5000 rpms. I have a feeling the egts and psi will come up to about 1700* and 45 psi and I think that's where I will make the most power.

Correct my math if I'm wrong, but at 5000 rpm and 1850us, it takes 55.5 crank angle degrees to drop the load of fuel. And you're competing with mechanical injection trucks that dump the same load of fuel in 20-32 crank degrees depending on how fast their cam is setup vs. rack setting. How in the world does your CR compete so well with it's limited injection rate in the upper rpm range?

5000rpm x 360*/ 60 seconds = 30,000 crank degrees per second.
30,000 x 1850/1,000,000 = 55.5 crank degrees.

At 4000rpm, 1850us calcs to 44.4 crank degrees.

Interesting to say the least....

5,000/60 x 0.00185 x 360 = 55.5° easier math

Pressure is a hell of a drug.

My guess is maintaining 26k+ rail pressure at that rpm with rather large nozzles compared to the norm outside of the pulling world for a CR :pop:

My guess is no one is making peak power even close to 5000rpm in a 2.6 charger so the quicker injection rate is nil up there. About the only time they see 5000rpm is coming off the clutch.

My motor makes peak hp around 4700-4800 rpms but the hp band is pretty wide and there isn't much difference from 3800 to 4800. No dyno spikes here. Lol. Also in regards to the injection rate and timing I think it's been explained already but common rails have injection pressures that are several times that of mechanicals and for us the smaller nozzle creates better atomization and because of the pressure of injection we don't need monster size nozzles to inject the adequate amount of fuel.

So the power in both applications is directly proportional to the surface area of the fuel droplets. The CR needs considerably less volume to generate equivalent fuel surface area.

Right? :D

Back