2015 Rebuild

So....I turned it up a bit on the fuel, actually quite a bit. Probably a little too much but results were pretty good. On Saturday I pulled within 6' of the 3.0 trucks on a pure HP track/sled set-up but found I had a bit of a boost leak. On sunday I finished 6th and beat four 3.0 trucks. I added about 140 rpms and 15' to my hook from the day before even though overall distances for the class were the same as Saturday. Boost levels were up 5psi (40-45psi) while egts stayed around 1450*-1550*. Intake temps stayed at 55* on two 80*+ days.

It looked really good Saturday, I had my nephew with me never made it over to say Hi, sorry wish I could of made it.

You had a good hook Saturday, but like you said it seemed you blew the tires off for a ways. I thought a little more bite on Sat would of been nice, there didn't seem to be a single truck that bit hard anyways.

I passed you and Shane on the way home Sunday. I was at a family reunion not the pulls unfortunately. Was the white truck Shane's new truck?

You had a good hook Saturday, but like you said it seemed you blew the tires off for a ways. I thought a little more bite on Sat would of been nice, there didn't seem to be a single truck that bit hard anyways.

On Saturday it dragged me down to 2800 rpms at the end of the track and on Sunday I was down to 3200 so I felt like it had plenty of bite. LOL. The 3.0trucks had to let it out sooner on Saturday as opposed to Sunday though. Mueller peddled it for 150 feet on Sunday and it worked out very well for him.

So....I turned it up a bit on the fuel, actually quite a bit. Probably a little too much but results were pretty good. On Saturday I pulled within 6' of the 3.0 trucks on a pure HP track/sled set-up but found I had a bit of a boost leak. On sunday I finished 6th and beat four 3.0 trucks. I added about 140 rpms and 15' to my hook from the day before even though overall distances for the class were the same as Saturday. Boost levels were up 5psi (40-45psi) while egts stayed around 1450*-1550*. Intake temps stayed at 55* on two 80*+ days.

Do you know what your pre-ice cooler intake temps are? How much is your ice box cooling the charge air?

Nice runs BTW!

I passed you and Shane on the way home Sunday. I was at a family reunion not the pulls unfortunately. Was the white truck Shane's new truck?

I saw you called but I wasn't about to pick up the phone while hauling that load. haha

It's not really a new truck. He picked it up last year as an old superstock truck and we've been working on it over the winter to turn it into a solid 3.0 truck. He made a hell of a pass on Saturday for his first hook ever in the 3.0 class and was only 1.5' out of first. On Sunday I picked a bad spot for him on the track. That was my fault. Still, he did a great job driving it to a 4th place finish.

Had a good run on Friday and finished 3rd beating a couple of 3.0 trucks. On Saturday had a little issue with the front end. At least I know it's hooking hard.

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

Definitely is hooking good.to do that on the.front. lol. Solid setup to be competing with and beating 3.0 trucks.

So you're replacing the rears now too, right? Since they likely took a nasty shock load when the front failed?

Definitely is hooking good.to do that on the.front. lol. Solid setup to be competing with and beating 3.0 trucks.

I'm sure it's not at the HP levels of the ppump trucks but it has been 100% consistent this year and even when there are issues it's been running well.

So you're replacing the rears now too, right? Since they likely took a nasty shock load when the front failed?

I am pretty confident in the rear end now. It looked fine after and had a hook last night on a tight track and looked good after as well. We have three more hooks to go this week so hopefully itll hold up.

Are you doing like some guys and just replacing them after 7-8 hooks as preventative maintenance or just gonna run em til they fail?

I've never had a rear fail on me. Last year I had some hard bouncing hooks and replaced the ring and pinion at the end of the year. The teeth were cracked but not broken. I have been checking them after every hook this year. I've had six on this one with no signs of issues.

Back