2015 Rebuild

Those FB coolers? We ran one(just one) of those last year and it worked awesome. Modified it to have 4 1" fittings and ran two pumps through it.

Those FB coolers? We ran one(just one) of those last year and it worked awesome. Modified it to have 4 1" fittings and ran two pumps through it.

They are. I've always had good luck with them for the price. I started with one type 17 on my 12v, then switched to 2 type 17s. They kept the intake temps are 70-75* even though turbo discharge was around 500-600*. I stepped up this year because of the bigger diameter piping. I expect to see the same results with a little better flow.

Saw a video of your truck on the book face machine this morning, she looks pretty strong. Nice job sir.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ray79OSNfOU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ray79OSNfOU[/ame]

Saw a video of your truck on the book face machine this morning, she looks pretty strong. Nice job sir.

I appreciate that Don. I had the fuel turned down a bit. I just wanted to make a good pass to get some numbers on the logger. It felt pretty good after all that work. Chassis feels so much better than last year for sure.

I had a lot of help from some great friends.

111.jpg

I added a new hair dryer from JEB Modern machine

115.jpg

Added a new dash display to my RPM Performance Logger-I can't say enough great things about these guys: Service, Price, Quality all top notch

119.jpg

Also had to pick up a new 36' Hydro dovetail to haul it all. Added a 15.5k winch and some LED spot lights. Thanks to Mark Q for help fabbing a new bracket for the winch.

117.jpg
118.jpg

All loaded up and ready for the NTPA Super Grand Nationals at Tomah next weekend.

123.jpg

Hopefully having a few more of these with the fellow pullers afterwards

124.jpg

Last edited:
I had a lot of help from some great friends.

View attachment 58088

I added a new hair dryer from JEB Modern machine

View attachment 58090

Added a new dash display to my RPM Performance Logger-I can't say enough great things about these guys: Service, Price, Quality all top notch

View attachment 58092

Also had to pick up a new 36' Hydro dovetail to haul it all. Added a 15.5k winch and some LED spot lights. Thanks to Mark Q for help fabbing a new bracket for the winch.

View attachment 58089
View attachment 58091

Did you have any problem getting the RPMs to read correctly with that data logger? Also did you happen to get a turbo speed sensor?

No. Save the settings to the logger then open the dash settings and just hit save. Make sure you have the revs and pulse set correctly based on your Max rpms.

Our data logger till about 3500rpms and then start bouncin. I think we have bigger problems. Thanks for the feedback

Stop by and say hi. We will either set up camp right at the end of the track or straight back of the scales. Youll likely see a white 3.0 truck with me.

I'll make a point to stop by and say hi for sure.!

Are you using the stock 2nd motor mounts? Did you have to do anything to fit the girdle block into the mounts? Looks like my oil pan is hitting the stock crossmember.

Are you using the stock 2nd motor mounts? Did you have to do anything to fit the girdle block into the mounts? Looks like my oil pan is hitting the stock crossmember.

I am using the stock motor mounts. I think technically they are are out of a
2nd gen 24v application but still all the same?

My girdle fits inside the oil pan. I've seen some of the new ones that go all the way out to the oil pan bolts which I would guess would cause some issues. I know mine only has about a 1/4" clearance.

They are. I've always had good luck with them for the price. I started with one type 17 on my 12v, then switched to 2 type 17s. They kept the intake temps are 70-75* even though turbo discharge was around 500-600*. I stepped up this year because of the bigger diameter piping. I expect to see the same results with a little better flow.

How did your two welded type 17's compare to the single type 17 you had before if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not sure. I never welded two 17s together. Even so I never had a logger with the single 17. What I can tell you is I was seeing intake temps drop from 500-600 to 70-75 degrees with dual 17s. When I upgraded to the two 22s I saw temps drop to 50* but I also saw discharge temps drop to 450 and overall psi drop to 35 due to the increased diameter of the piping.

How did that new turbo run? Any videos of this past weekend with it?

Back