24v p-pump and build

Talking E-gates only, what's the general concensus on gating only one side into the hot pipe?

Can you run two separate gates on each manifold bank into the hot pipe. So if I installed one gate and then come to find out it isn't enough, can I then install another gate?

Anyone dump one gate into the hotpipe and one into the down pipe?

Just trying to pre-plan, because I will be build this hot pipe here soon and will need to make the provision for the gates.

I've always wondered if setting up your gates like that would affect anything. Two gates would be pretty much like a single one in the center, but just one that is offset almost HAS to do something funky I'd think.

Yeah but IDK, lots of OEM gate only one bank so....?

Got pipe in the mail. Pre-formed stainless for T-6. It's pretty close but I'll need a hammer still.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421194461.965896.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good Ghostman! Cant wait to see how your turbo setup turns out.
I had to do a little catching up tonight on your thread, I've been a little behind. haha.
So what ended up happening w the 24v motor after the broken stud? Still on the back burner?

Looking good Ghostman! Cant wait to see how your turbo setup turns out.
I had to do a little catching up tonight on your thread, I've been a little behind. haha.
So what ended up happening w the 24v motor after the broken stud? Still on the back burner?

Yeah, I'm anxious as well, but ordering these turbos has a long wait. Primary suppose to ship Feb 12th now. Then it will be going to Weston for a 360* thrust, then gotta get the 1.10 housing cut for the turbine wheel. Lol, slow build but hopefully I'll get to work on the hot pipe this weekend.

The 24v motor got sold. After I get all the other projects done on this truck then I want to do a motor build with a 12v and maybe a better pump cam etc. That will probably be next year some time though at my rate.

Worked on the hot pipe some tonight.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423018172.396770.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423018187.211366.jpg

And a little more progress. Finally got it transitioned from square to round on this last piece.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423104832.450076.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423104841.545353.jpg

Looking good. What size is you hot pipe when it transitions to round? Looks like 4".

Replaced my clock spring and installed the Goerend spring for 2nd gear.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423359160.632787.jpg

The 2-3 bind is almost completely gone now. I at least don't feel bad about it anymore lol. Also finally got my main harness all cleaned up and routed where it needs to be. Still need to clean up a few more electrical connections and such before its done.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423492708.907784.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423492720.957234.jpg

care to shoot a picture of it further away to see the overall look of everything tucked away?

Are you doing anything to protect the PCM from water?

If I end up keeping my 2nd gen this is on my list of things to do. That harness is an eyesore in the stock locations.

care to shoot a picture of it further away to see the overall look of everything tucked away?

Are you doing anything to protect the PCM from water?

If I end up keeping my 2nd gen this is on my list of things to do. That harness is an eyesore in the stock locations.

Sure I'll take a few more photos. The PCM is covered pretty well from the plastic cowl cover that goes over the top. I don't really think it's in a compromised position there.

Few more pictures. It's not completely done how I like it but getting close. Gonna place another order a way tek wire to get last stuff I need.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423526764.350147.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423526775.600296.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423526785.869312.jpg

Going to get a buss man fuse block, ground stud move the grounds away from turbine, more loom and zip ties and then it should be tucked up nice.

Ok well my a/c compressor clutch isn't engaging now. It's all brand new and hasn't been on in a long time. I vacuumed the system and it held good. Started it up and turned on switch and it won't engage. I checked the fuse and he relay. No power seems to be going to the a/c clutch wires. The blue wire should be hot and the black with white strip should be ground right? Any ideas?

Back