24v p-pump and build

Had a brain fart, I remember now that it won't kick on without pressure so to fill it I need to jump the low pressure switch.

It's charged right? Or are you using it as an air compressor? I read too many build threads to remember all the little details...

It's charged right? Or are you using it as an air compressor? I read too many build threads to remember all the little details...

Using it for the A/C, it's completely discharged. I forgot that it won't kick on because of the low pressure switch. I need to jump it until I get some pressure in it.

Check power going in and out of your pressure switches. You should have a pressure switch on the high and low side lines. High side usually cuts out above 350psi and low cuts below 0 to 10psi. If the power doesn't show on both sides of the switch between those pressures then that switch is bad. Good luck!

Somehow I didn't see page 26 saying you had no freon. Don't try to engage your compressor without freon even if its just to check it. It relies on the refrigerant to "mist" the oil inside the compressor. It will pump out the oil to the high side and burn itself up before you know it. Put power to the compressor clutch with the engine off and you will hear the clutch if it engages. Or unplug the compressor and jump the low pressure switch then check for power that way. Most vehicle have something to keep the compressor clutch from engaging while the engine is not running. So your starter is not trying to turn the compressor while cranking the engine.

I dumped in a can and voila! Then filled it up and it all works, but i overfilled it a little. Good thing for PRVs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the scrap yard for a wiper motor and scored a few more things for $60.

Got a 31 row Ford transmission cooler
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423868805.996423.jpg

Got a power steering cooler off a gas dodge truck
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423868918.386985.jpg

And a power steering reservoir for my new power steering pump setup that will eventually go one. Off the Ford also.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423868970.040092.jpg

Those are some solid finds....

What's the word on your power steering situation? Hydro assist?

I already have hydro assist. I did the west Texas pump mods on this pump which helped, but it's not where I want it.

It's still just a Saginaw p pump setup right now. But it attaches directly to a gear drive so I can eliminate the vacuum pump. Gonna get a small electric vacuum pump. Only thing I need vacuum for is the blend doors. I locked in the CAD. Eventually I would like to find a little higher output power steering setup so this just gets me setup for it when the time happens. It's just extremely hard finding a higher output pump right now with the proper gear drive.

Atleast this way I'll be all setup for it and hoping the extra volume and fluid will help out the efficiency of the Saginaw p pump.

Last edited:
Bussman power distribution board came in the mail along with my ground stud boss. This will make for some nice wiring. This panel has 5 bussed relays.

-high beams
-low beams
-electric fans
-leaves two still open
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423944018.203279.jpg

Spent a little time working on this. I'm thinking about just welding that straight up in there and then building the bumper around it. Ofcourse there would be some additional gussets and bracing left to do.

I cut off the little frame horns as the holes had already been yanked on and ovalized by the PO. I'm going to definately weld in the square DOM into the frame. The bumper will bolt through that. It's all 1/4" thick.

I don't like the typical winch bumpers that stick out far and are huge. I'm trying to tuck this in as tight as possible but without it being a pain in the arse.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424044890.962465.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424044901.443442.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424044913.810874.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424044924.694767.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424044934.978657.jpg

Can you rotate the winch to have the controls forward? That's how i mounted them on all the XJ's I've built and it gains an inch or so. I've never used anything by an M8000 though.

Can you rotate the winch to have the controls forward? That's how i mounted them on all the XJ's I've built and it gains an inch or so. I've never used anything by an M8000 though.

Not really comfortable relying on the bolts to hold the winch in place like that. That would be solely tensile strength of the bolt and thread which doesn't sound good on a 12k winch. I thought about it all night last night and going to redo it. Already have another idea. I'll change it up this evening.

What about rotating it with the controls to the back? PITA to engage manually, but you'd get the same effect but without using the bolts are the retaining method for the winch.

What idea are you thinking of?

Do you have a sketch of the bumper you're building? I've been tossing around a few different designs and just for the life of me cannot think of a way to finish off the bumper to tie everything in together. But I'm with you, the bumper's that look more like battering rams isn't my style. The bumper should be tucked in close to the truck, but still provide the protection needed. Hard to pull off with so many coolers hanging so low.

What about rotating it with the controls to the back? PITA to engage manually, but you'd get the same effect but without using the bolts are the retaining method for the winch.

What idea are you thinking of?

Do you have a sketch of the bumper you're building? I've been tossing around a few different designs and just for the life of me cannot think of a way to finish off the bumper to tie everything in together. But I'm with you, the bumper's that look more like battering rams isn't my style. The bumper should be tucked in close to the truck, but still provide the protection needed. Hard to pull off with so many coolers hanging so low.

I have thought about rotating it like that to where it basically pulls against the body of the winch and not really any force on the bolts at all. I think that is the strongest option and it might end up like that too. I don't have any sketch or anything, just building as I go lol.

Back