30+ mpg again

My avg speed was about 50 whiuch means on the interstate i would hit 65 downhill and climb as low as 40.

I found my problem, I am traveling between 35 and 45mph faster than the optimum MPG MPH I wish I had your patience/vacation time :bow:

I'll stick to filling it up with WVO and towing at 85 :evil:lolly:

finally got it painted
292148_2958226029818_1086525261_32557757_1338973593_n.jpg

its about an 1" higher than the front and the only thing i haul is my bike and it doesnt even squat with that....i usually run around with 200lbs of sand in the back for a better ride.

If you were close I would do that trade, but I would want your entire driveline. I have a f250 that I want to do a cummins swap on lol

If you were close I would do that trade, but I would want your entire driveline. I have a f250 that I want to do a cummins swap on lol

:hehe:

I couldn't bring myself to get rid of this drive train!!! I keep hoping someone slams into the passenger side and totals the truck, then I would have some insurance money to put it all into my '56 Chevy.

Hahahaha, im scared to drive it now. Im about to call the insurance co. And get full coverage lol......but I just wanted to pass along that my fuel temp. Is no where near the point of needing a cooler.

JEEZ LOUISE how did i miss that article, i never ever, thought about blocking off the grill or running the truck 20 degrees hotter.

Great article and thanks for the link JQmile

It seemed kinda silly to me, even I thought the truck was going to overheat up the hills, but it seemed fine--a good reminder in fact that these things are designed to tow at 100 percent throttle without overheating. I actually left the front grille blocked off for a few days after to see if it would overheat sitting in traffic, and it never did. It still could pull some air from the fog light and bumper holes though.

finally got it painted
292148_2958226029818_1086525261_32557757_1338973593_n.jpg

Looks sweet!!

:hehe:

I couldn't bring myself to get rid of this drive train!!! I keep hoping someone slams into the passenger side and totals the truck, then I would have some insurance money to put it all into my '56 Chevy.

I get the same itch with my Nova. I'd like to put a Duramax in it, but with a screw blower, which means a whole bunch of extra work....

Hahahaha, im scared to drive it now. Im about to call the insurance co. And get full coverage lol......but I just wanted to pass along that my fuel temp. Is no where near the point of needing a cooler.

Make sure to get full coverage! On a truck as old as yours it shouldn't be much more.

Last edited:
I have full coverage on 3 vehicles, newest being a '01 and I pay <$100 a month.

Once in a great while I don't know what to do with my Chevelle, I hate the engine/trans combo right now, but budget constraints force me to deal with it. I haven't more than on or off a trailer in over a year. Hell in the past 18 months, my mom has driven it more. LOL

Back