Banks Dragster

If a motor runs on synthetic fuel and breathes nitrous instead of air, should it still be called a diesel?

Maybe I'm way behind. But this is the first actual run I have see from it. Looks like it leaves the line awfully soft?

Banks Power | Banks Dragster Development Continues

The 3rd launch was the best one in that vid - 1.03 60'. Looks can be deceiving - with the new clutch setup it leaves out better than the truck, but looks less violent.

I'll attach a couple launch pics when I get Photobucket unblocked again.

If a motor runs on synthetic fuel and breathes nitrous instead of air, should it still be called a diesel?

1992 Dodge 3/4T 4x4. Mostly stock work truck. 882hp, 11.77@125.7.

Banks bashing - so easy, a caveman can do it. *bdh*

How many times are we gonna hash out the same bullsh!t ?

Can't anyone just give props on a new car doing well in testing anymore ?

We cut 1.0x 60's with my friends XTF car...soft is not a word I'd use to describe those launches. That's awesome for a 3rd pass ever.

You are so right Richard. Like em or hate em.. they are going hard. And remember,, no spark plugs = diesel

All the stuff about Banks running nitropropanol and stuff is BS...look at how the Max'd Out truck cleans up once the turbos light, and that's without the bottle. Nitrous cleans up smoke real good when staging. And they're running paralell turbos, which spool quicker. Sheesh.

And Matt, you should be ashamed of yourself. Only a 1.0 60 ft? Outlaw 10.5 cars can do that!! ;)

Bash it if you want but I think only way to root it all out is a common fuel supplied at the track.

As a side note Big Thumper, go to your data base and look up Ron Allen, Browns Valley CA 95918. You'll see i have probably spent more at Banks than 95% of the people on this site.LOL

Even if they are not running the exact same fuel as us,, so what? They are on a level way above us. Do you think that top fuel guys will share with you their fuel combinations? I think not. I never hear anyone asking scheid to cough up what is in their tank (not that I am saying it is anything different that plain #2. I for one run some additives to help my times, and I am sure that most any of the fast guys do also

Even if they are not running the exact same fuel as us,, so what? They are on a level way above us. Do you think that top fuel guys will share with you their fuel combinations? I think not. I never hear anyone asking scheid to cough up what is in their tank (not that I am saying it is anything different that plain #2. I for one run some additives to help my times, and I am sure that most any of the fast guys do also

That's my point.

I just love how everyone kisses their ass after they spend a few hundred thousand on some race toys.. LOL. Banks hasn't changed one bit since day one, and no one liked em back then. Well, other then Gale losing his job and deciding to use nitrous LOL

Sheep will be sheep I suppose.

Bash it if you want but I think only way to root it all out is a common fuel supplied at the track.

I poured a sample of the fuel to some guy in Bakersfield last year, and gave it to him to test or whatever with.

Gale will let you sniff/drink/eye wash/put on as cologne if you want to with their fuel if you want to be weird like that.

Believe it or not, it's just pump #2. Seriously.

Back