Banks Dragster

I haven't seen anyone chastise Houge or anyone else for using synthetic fuel. I think John Robinson has experimented with it also as well as some others.
Why is it a big deal if Banks uses synthetic diesel....if they even do ?

I poured a sample of the fuel to some guy in Bakersfield last year, and gave it to him to test or whatever with.

Gale will let you sniff/drink/eye wash/put on as cologne if you want to with their fuel if you want to be weird like that.

Believe it or not, it's just pump #2. Seriously.
The crew guys did that at TS a few years ago also after someone shot their mouth off about it. Opened up the tank for any and all to see.

I'm not saying anyone is using some Godly super fuel. I'm saying to stop the *****ing, the only way is a common fuel. Seems to be like the biggest gripe.

Congrats on getting the car that fast. I haven't seen the rail in person, but have the truck. Flat out awesome is all I could say after watching it run.

Kudos the the crew no matter how much money or what fuel combo is being run. Like stated, it doesn't have spark plugs:rockwoot:

A lot of the members of this board were at Bakersfield when the Banks team offered to let anyone sample their fuel. Probably over 100. Our family and friends were there, and there was a few of those who posted on this board that it ran on alcohol, superdiesel, CNG, or plutonium that were in attendance as well. I guess it's no surprise they just looked at the ground and scurried away.

Somehow an internet rumor is far more believable than real life, and has a much longer life.

The Banks crew have always been helpful and professional every time we have met them at the track, and they have always been very happy to show everyone their racer and answer questions.

The rail and the truck are both impressive and those guys can really come up with some stuff, I give em credit. If I had there money I'm sure I would be able to design some things that would haul some ass too and make it hard for the smaller guys to keep up. Honestly Im not suprised they just come out with rails and trucks that fast it shouldn't be hard for them to do.

A lot of the members of this board were at Bakersfield when the Banks team offered to let anyone sample their fuel. Probably over 100. Our family and friends were there, and there was a few of those who posted on this board that it ran on alcohol, superdiesel, CNG, or plutonium that were in attendance as well. I guess it's no surprise they just looked at the ground and scurried away.

Somehow an internet rumor is far more believable than real life, and has a much longer life.

The Banks crew have always been helpful and professional every time we have met them at the track, and they have always been very happy to show everyone their racer and answer questions.

Seeing as how I'm the one that brought it up, I will offer my apology for accusing the Banks team of running synthetic fuel and nitrous. I have always heard that and have not been around when they have offered to let people check. I stand corrected.

Well said Kat and I couldn't agree more, I've seen the truck and it flat awesome, can hardly wait to see the rail in Phoenix in March. I've seen the Schied dragster too, very impressive, but to be honest, I'm not impressed with the smoke, thats old school and should be left for the pullers. I like to see the times when they cross the finish line not 3 minutes later.

Seeing as how I'm the one that brought it up, I will offer my apology for accusing the Banks team of running synthetic fuel and nitrous. I have always heard that and have not been around when they have offered to let people check. I stand corrected.

They run a lot of nitrous, at least in the truck. I'd run synthetic or bio or any other diesel that would make the truck faster. Diesel is diesel. The crap that they are selling us in the pumps now is just that, crap.

I don't think anyone will deny they run well, and even on diesel. I never cared to dispute that. But money will buy pretty much anything. So it should be expected.

You are so right Richard. Like em or hate em.. they are going hard. And remember,, no spark plugs = diesel

So what do you call a top fuel car? It starts the run as a "gasser" and ends the run "dieseling" due to the fact the plugs have been melted.

I still don't get all this smoke thing. anyone ever measured the "emissions" from a top dragster? Just because you can't see the stuff doesn't mean it's not there.

Yeah, people are stupid, they see smoke, they assume "bad" for your carbon foot print. Smoke on the street, in excess is only a danger to your viability, just like fog on a country road in the early morning.

But on the track, this entire no smoke thing is kinda stupid logically because what ever makes your eyes water and throat itch when you are next to an alki motor can't be good for ya.

Well said Kat and I couldn't agree more, I've seen the truck and it flat awesome, can hardly wait to see the rail in Phoenix in March. I've seen the Schied dragster too, very impressive, but to be honest, I'm not impressed with the smoke, thats old school and should be left for the pullers. I like to see the times when they cross the finish line not 3 minutes later.

Well what if Schied was on the Sqeeze?? Less smoke and a quicker / faster time...Then Banks would have even more work to do.....

Jason's got a point with the smoke vs . actual emmisions issue...Long as we're arrguing emmisions.....If it's the score board that you have issue with, then just sit higher up in the stands......

Glad Banks is going fast but all I was saying earlier is that I'd rather watch Schied!! A rail that sounds and look like a gasser (cause they are) are all over the place......I just find Schied more fun to watch...

Not to mention Schied doesn't have arrogant sounding magazine adds.....

How many times are we gonna hash out the same bullsh!t ?

Can't anyone just give props on a new car doing well in testing anymore ?

We cut 1.0x 60's with my friends XTF car...soft is not a word I'd use to describe those launches. That's awesome for a 3rd pass ever.

If you were referring to me. I wasn't bashing by any means. Just looked like it didn't come out hard but still ran a great time. As the guy stated. Looks are deceiving. No bash meant from me. Hats off to them. Sweet car. Can't wait to finally see (2) 6 second 200+ mph dragsters match up.

I don't think anyone will deny they run well, and even on diesel. I never cared to dispute that. But money will buy pretty much anything. So it should be expected.

Who cares about the money?? These things aren't built on a budget. You think Scheids doesn't have endless money/testing in theres? These are the people that make it possible for all of us to go out and run 11' and even 12's in a street truck. Cause we all know they won't do it stock. There is always gonna be someone out there with more money or a rig with more hp. Get over the money thing. Until everyone is building on a set budget its a useless excuse. The endless money the guys like Scheids and Banks have put into these things are the reason our sport is getting more and more attention.

On a side note i think its about time for scheid to turn up the wick on his dragster! :rockwoot:

Back