Banks Dragster

come on guys.. make a thread in the staging lanes... let's try to keep this one on topic.

congrats to the banks guys, the time and work shows. 7.17 the first time out... well..thats just insane.

Wow The economy has really hurt the diesel world this year, we are *****ing about 10 page banks ads and now we are giving them just what they want, 20 more pages of free ads. I know the banks race team all are good guys, and they have some fast cars. But come on people this was JUNE!!!!!! You all need to get out and go race. It seems everyone wants to talk about doing something for the sport, I believe the best exposure we can get is by going out too our local track events and show the world what diesel can do. I love going to diesel events but i have to say its much more rewarding going to a gas event, the response from people is amazing. I don't have a dog in this hunt its just a VE that runs a clean 12.43, small puff until the chargers lite. So its not that hard to do. Well all have different was of getting down the track some with smoke some with not. I love it all!!!! We all built our rides to have fun!!!!

Hmmm my last post as well as quarterman's was taken out. Leads me to believe we said something that the mods didn't like. Ok I will be nice.

I poured a sample of the fuel to some guy in Bakersfield last year, and gave it to him to test or whatever with.

Gale will let you sniff/drink/eye wash/put on as cologne if you want to with their fuel if you want to be weird like that.

Believe it or not, it's just pump #2. Seriously.
You gave that to Adam Sprague and Adam Winslett, I guess somebody near them said something about the fuel. Matt was kind enough to take care of a n2o refill for Winslett as well.

Wow The economy has really hurt the diesel world this year, we are *****ing about 10 page banks ads and now we are giving them just what they want, 20 more pages of free ads. I know the banks race team all are good guys, and they have some fast cars. But come on people this was JUNE!!!!!! You all need to get out and go race. It seems everyone wants to talk about doing something for the sport, I believe the best exposure we can get is by going out too our local track events and show the world what diesel can do. I love going to diesel events but i have to say its much more rewarding going to a gas event, the response from people is amazing. I don't have a dog in this hunt its just a VE that runs a clean 12.43, small puff until the chargers lite. So its not that hard to do. Well all have different was of getting down the track some with smoke some with not. I love it all!!!! We all built our rides to have fun!!!!

That is something I flat don't understand. When a diesel races in a gasser event or on pinks or arm drop live the big crowds go nuts and they are instantly a crowd favorite, yet we can't get hardly anyone to come to a diesel drag racing event. I wish we could find the secret to growing our sport. I know some of the tracks, (at least out west) are not too crazy about diesels. They especially don't like eating all the smoke on the line, and the high torque and street tires tearing up the groove at the starting line. Some places make the bracket trucks stage to the side in an attempt to not tear up the track.

So you are saying that unless a racer or race team sells you parts for your race plans, they are rotten people. That's a pretty big list.

And that blocking out 4 lanes of traffic to accelerate from 40-80mph in 10 seconds is the sign of a real race truck, no matter how painfully slow it is.

And if a diesel pickup doesn't smoke worse than a 64 Impala with bad rings and the choke stuck closed, it would be no fun to drive, and certainly not a real diesel.

I really can't argue with that. So I'll just keep racing and when somebody asks why my truck doesn't smoke enough, I'll just tell them it's broke.

WOW... I'm guessing you can't read at all can you? All you can do is post? That is an impressive post by the way.. You're a real winner :clap:

Oh boy, Page 5, and the drama continues - sheesh.

Banks crew.....

Any updates on when the rail might be hitting the track again??

Planning on TS, with some new tricks.

Here's the best launch shot I've got - need to get the rest of the series up.

Picture028.jpg

It was carrying the front right for about 40' or so - didn't touch the bar down, just balanced real nice. That tells me we can hit the chassis harder, and we will.

Oh boy, Page 5, and the drama continues - sheesh.

Yeah, Kinda sucks to have to sleep in the bed that Mr. Banks and his marketing crew made for you isn't it?

It like me being a Cop...I'm and A$$hole to everone just cause I'm wearing this uniform....Futhest from the truth with me, but you can't convince them...They just hate Cops in general...

I'm sure most of you guys are kewl......But you know what they always say......." Perception IS Reality".

Sorry Dude!

Yeah, Kinda sucks to have to sleep in the bed that Mr. Banks and his marketing crew made for you isn't it?

It like me being a Cop...I'm and A$$hole to everone just cause I'm wearing this uniform....Futhest from the truth with me, but you can't convince them...They just hate Cops in general...

I'm sure most of you guys are kewl......But you know what they always say......." Perception IS Reality".

Sorry Dude!

...no, actually, I sleep quite well.

I'm laughing, right now, at the same group of (mostly) grown men that get their panties in a bunch, almost every time, the 'B' word comes up.

I know, probably as well as you do, that you just can't argue with some people - their impressions are too deep seated to change, so it's just not worth it.

It is fun to twist their tails on occasion however.

I know, probably as well as you do, that you just can't argue with some people - their impressions are too deep seated to change, so it's just not worth it.

So you're saying that Gale earned a name that wasn't warranted. Or that he has changed, and we should see this.. So which do you choose?

I'm not sure that any thread that is started with the purpose of insulting a race team ever works out that well. The name or stickers on the car or truck isn't important in my eyes.

The Banks crew have always been friendly to us when we race with them, so I will never agree with those who feel the need to slam them constantly.

I visit this board because my husband and I race diesel trucks. I mostly read the drag section. If someone were to treat the John Robinson team the same way, I'd stand up for them as well, because everytime we have met them, they were friendly and professional. As well as many other teams.

I have caught heat before for taking the side of a racer or team, and not just trucks. It's a pet peeve of mine. If a racer is friendly at the track and professional, I will stand up for them. It is as simple as that. Whether they drive a Cobra, Viper,e.
From the first post that started the thread. What is said that is bashing the banks team mr. 100 mph on public roads? I unlike most on here have not 1 thing against them. Never met any of them either. It was meant to speak about the run I found and how fast it ran while appearing to leave the line slowly. Obviously that was the camera playing tricks since it ran 1.0? 60 ft.

So you're saying that Gale earned a name that wasn't warranted. Or that he has changed, and we should see this.. So which do you choose?

No, I'm saying that 'you guys' think you know what you know, and don't want to hear any different. The arguements and *****ing directed at him, and at his products (which, are, frequently, my work) are so lopsided and prejudiced it's laughable.

This is the Drag Racing section, right? Not Diesel Days of Our Lives?

No, I'm saying that 'you guys' think you know what you know, and don't want to hear any different. The arguements and *****ing directed at him, and at his products (which, are, frequently, my work) are so lopsided and prejudiced it's laughable.

regardless of the soap opera crap, i had no doubt that you guys would bring anything less than competitive to the table. based on testing, you guys are not messing around, and what you have works.... now about that mph, what you guys gonna do about that???

regardless of the soap opera crap, i had no doubt that you guys would bring anything less than competitive to the table. based on testing, you guys are not messing around, and what you have works.... now about that mph, what you guys gonna do about that???

A full pass with all 5 gears working will fix most, if not all, of the MPH problems.

I'd just like to get a full pass in under power with no gremlins - we never did get one completely trouble-free.

Big T, it's getting to be winter time in the most of the country, we don't have anything else to do! LOL

Your guys stuff is fast, nobody is can take that away from you and that's all that counts!

...no, actually, I sleep quite well.

I'm laughing, right now, at the same group of (mostly) grown men that get their panties in a bunch, almost every time, the 'B' word comes up.

It is fun to twist their tails on occasion however.

Your totally right!!! Most will never truly "Hear" me when I'm talking on the job either...

It IS fun to twist the tails a bit from time to time!! :evil

Big T, it's getting to be winter time in the most of the country, we don't have anything else to do! LOL

YUP ^ What he said!!

Carry on!:lolly:

good job guys, glad to see its running quick!! and people need to learn to separate the banks marketing crew and the banks race crew... BIG difference

A full pass with all 5 gears working will fix most, if not all, of the MPH problems.

I'd just like to get a full pass in under power with no gremlins - we never did get one completely trouble-free.

Has it been tested in these past months since that video was made? Or is it sitting lonely in the corner not getting any love?!

Well I'm not going to argue about who's right about your Boss. Regardless of whether it smokes or not, you guys are making that dragster move. And you're right, that's what this thread is about. So good job, and good luck on getting it working the way you want, and making it faster :Cheer:.

Back