Custom 12mm VE coming soon!

Trying to start with the small, simple things. Probably something so ridiculously small that I would never think of. Anybody have any more ideas??

I still maintain it's something big.....200hp from tuning is a tall order. I'll be curious to see how you do with your buddy's injectors.

The dyno is on Sunday if you can sneak up here. It would be nice to meet you.

Stomp

Well when I bought this truck in 07' I met a old underclassmen from highschool again at a auto parts store. Stackx2 is who it was. All he could talk about was your truck. It would be nice to meet you as well. I worked in garberville right out of highschool drilling telecom for a year. I love the north coast. Wife loves it too. I am pretty sure the wife 8month old terror and a buddy with his girlfriend are coming. It's going to be fun I'm sure.

Eric

I still maintain it's something big.....200hp from tuning is a tall order. I'll be curious to see how you do with your buddy's injectors.

Think it's all in the injectors? 5x.012s aren't cutting the cheese?

Have you adjusted the afc at all since youve got the new pump in. If the video and dyno numbers were with 5x12s in, those numbers and smoke from tail pipe were a little low. May e your afc is too tight. I'm not for sure!! But if the only thing you changed besides the lift pump was the injection pump then I'd be looking at those two items. And start by adjusting the pump. I know when I adjusted my afc for the 6x16 injectors, I adjusted it too tight. It pretty much cut the power in half and ran cleaner. But it wasn't to full potential. Just a thought. Trying to help.

Eric

Youre running a good amount of boost and dont have much smoke. That makes me think you dont have any air leaks. i think youre right about the injectors being small for the HP youd like. can you use compressed air to check your afc to see how much boost it takes to compress the spring the whole way?

maybe with the combination of small injectors and a real tight AFC youre not getting full fuel quick enough in the short VE powerband?

Last edited:
I don't have a way to hook up an air line to the AFC while driving to see that. I do have an on-board air system though but I'd have to regulate it down to about 30psi from 115psi and figure out how to hook it to the AFC.

I did manage to see 39psi and 1300degs the other day getting on the freeway but it didn't seem like it was moving like it should.

you dont have to be driving to try what i was suggesting.

i mean you could use dykem (marking die) or sharpie or something on your fuel cone and then use compressed air (regulated) to see how far down the cone is going at different pressures, or at least see when it starts moving. youd have to hit the throttle while doing this or the fuel pin will never hit the cone obviously.

Think it's all in the injectors? 5x.012s aren't cutting the cheese?

I'll give you a run down on my dyno history, fuel only of course, since nitrous is fo the devil!! :hehe:

356rwhp, 50psi, 14mm head and 6x16s....a small tear formed in my eye, considering others were making 350 with POD's and 12mm pumps.

335rwhp, 30psi, 14mm head and 6x16s, found timing was a tooth retarded, so skipped two teeth (one advanced from stock) and 1/2 way to the head.

447rwhp, 60psi, same as above, but with the wastegate shut. Mustang dyno.

487rwhp, 60psi, fuel screw backed off 2 turns, 5x25 injectors, Superflow.

I had the same 62/65/14 turbo the whole time. Every time I went up in injector size or timing it added power, that's been my experience. I am sure there is a limit somewhere, but 5x25s and 27 deg didn't seem to be it.

Single plus some tricks. They're really nothin' that crazy other than nozzle size.

The dyno is on Sunday if you can sneak up here. It would be nice to meet you.

Stomp

Well when I bought this truck in 07' I met a old underclassmen from highschool again at a auto parts store. Stackx2 is who it was. All he could talk about was your truck. It would be nice to meet you as well. I worked in garberville right out of highschool drilling telecom for a year. I love the north coast. Wife loves it too. I am pretty sure the wife 8month old terror and a buddy with his girlfriend are coming. It's going to be fun I'm sure.

Eric
You still planning on coming up? Make sure and find me if you make it up. I will have my maroon megacab with a gooseneck trailer incase someone needs a ride back to the shop.

I didn't get my motor done for my firstgen, but it will be down at the shop covered in spider webs and looking a little run down. :eek:

Jim you have a package coming your way. For some reason the UPS guy didn't pick it up yesterday so it was sent out today.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

You still planning on coming up? Make sure and find me if you make it up. I will have my maroon megacab with a gooseneck trailer incase someone needs a ride back to the shop.

I didn't get my motor done for my firstgen, but it will be down at the shop covered in spider webs and looking a little run down. :eek:

Jim you have a package coming your way. For some reason the UPS guy didn't pick it up yesterday so it was sent out today.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Yes we are. The wife, kid, and my buddy are all Gunna carpool with my first gen in tow. Four people and a carseat don't fit too well in a regular cab dodge! And if something blows I'll have a tow back to the valley. Not that I expect that to happen. It's going to look funky with a work truck on a trailer. But its the most practical for all to come. John and his wife are going to be driving up with us. Should be there around noon or one pm.

Eric

Yes we are. The wife, kid, and my buddy are all Gunna carpool with my first gen in tow. Four people and a carseat don't fit too well in a regular cab dodge! And if something blows I'll have a tow back to the valley. Not that I expect that to happen. It's going to look funky with a work truck on a trailer. But its the most practical for all to come. John and his wife are going to be driving up with us. Should be there around noon or one pm.

Eric

Trailer Queen LOL

And in style too
u9adusep.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347123930615.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347123930615.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That d max is super plush. And the baby is sleeping. He'd be pissed in the old rattle trap. That's If the misses would even allow him in it. Oh and on the flat it's getting 13.0 mpg with the trailer. That's a whole mike per gallon better then my bosses mega cab empty!!

Looks like fun, wish I could have made it. Let us know how you do on the dyno! Have you skipped a tooth yet? Make Ponci do it for you ;)

Edit: This is JQmile on BIGR's computer....forgot I was still logged in as him.

Back