Custom 12mm VE coming soon!

I'd like to run on a dyno soon. Is it a shop you're familiar with? The only thing I'm picky about is if I can drive it myself and if the dyno is wide enough to accept the duals.

A bit more of an update, the truck moves VERY well now. I did have to adjust the idle up from 500rpm after installing the injectors, which was a good sign. I got it set at 800RPM and later on in the day, idle speed dropped considerably on it's own, down to about 700. With the A/C on, it was sitting close to 600. Maybe I didn't tighten the jam nut so well. Readjusted it and gave the jam nut a good whack with a hammer and punch. So far, it's holding. I see a very little trace of smoke at damn near WOT in the top end and it's pulling hard from the bottom up through the top-end and have yet to actually push it to WOT. :cool:

Last edited:
Actually, no way the dyno I am thinking of can fit your truck....we could still Gtech it though, it's usually within about .1 and 1mph of the track. Even with the stick shift, you should still mph well.

Jeremy said you know quite a bit about the Gtech stuff. Care to PM me and explain how it works? Sounds like some sort of g-force/accelerometer deal over a timed 1/4 mile period?

I do know a bit about them. I used em on stuff back in the 90s, and the new stuff is way better. Basically, a quarter mile is Acelleration = Distance/Time. Well, the Gtech is an acellerometer, and it also measures time very accurately, so distance is no problem. From there, it whips it all together into a quarter mile time and speed. Then, you plug in speed to something like the CompD calculator, and it gives you a number. You need a solid weight on your truck first though.

For example, my 95 made 540rwhp on a Dynojet, and ran 12.81 at 104.9mph in the quarter on the Gtech. In the compD calc, based upon a 6,700 pound weight, that comes out to 526rwhp, close enough in my book.

The Gtech is accurate enough, that you can actually compare shifts in auto transmissions. I did a blog long ago about my 727 vs an Allison. Pretty cool stuff.....and the incrementals are in tenths of a second!

allison-1000-vs-727-trans.jpg

B!tchin! I just checked out Gtech's website. It's like a dyno on your dash! I'm sure the numbers for your '95 are pretty accurate, given the literature in their user manual:

The G-tech does not measure engine horsepower at the crank,
which is what the automobile manufacturers and magazines
typically report.

The G-tech does not measure wheel horsepower either (a
dyno measures wheel horsepower). As you may know, wheel
horsepower always measures lower than engine horsepower,
since it includes drivetrain loss, the rolling resistance of the
tires on the road, and other factors.

The G-tech measures net horsepower, which reads even
lower than wheel horsepower. The G-tech’s net horsepower
value is a measurement of all the horsepower that is available
to accelerate your vehicle after all power losses have been
subtracted.

More to add...

I need to reconnect my wastegate. In the meantime, I'm gonna have to watch that boost gauge during some heavy throttle runs! I've never seen a boost gauge climb so fast as I did early this morning coming home from work. I jumped on it a bit about a mile from my house. Started in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, then into 5th, I caught the boost at 5psi, stabbed the throttle to what wasn't quite full throttle (I knew it had a little more travel left), in what seemed like less than 1 second, the boost shot up to 45psi!! I had to back out, was probably coasting around 70+mph in a 45mph zone. This motor is an absolute monster!! I swear, by the seat of my pants, the injectors add about 200hp. I can't believe what a difference they made! All of this with merely a light haze behind me.

I finally harnessed the power residing in the Giles pump!

Low Budget Diesels. 5x.012s balanced between 240-245, 145* spray, vco nozzles and sealing washers machined to .030" to put the nozzle deeper in the bowl for compensation having non i/c, bigger bowls.

You may know this already but these that Jeremy sent me started as 5x.012 marine 370s, 155* spray, sac nozzles, worked over to 5x.013 and popped at a little above 245bar. DDP's benched showed flow at 68-70lpm.

Last edited:
I'm just glad it was something so simple. I smile every time I drive this thing now. And every time I goose it a good bit, I find myself always saying "holy schidtt!" :cool:

I'm just glad it was something so simple. I smile every time I drive this thing now. And every time I goose it a good bit, I find myself always saying "holy schidtt!" :cool:

Ok enough is enough because it sounds like you are having way too much fun. If you keep it up I am going to repo those injectors. :D

Stomp

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

hey guys im new to the forum and i want to keep my cummins in the 250-400hp power range and this threads been epic... keep up the good work!!

Back