Dodge 2008-2012 Tie Rod End Recall

Had mine replaced last week, had to do the steering box as well before she started to drive normal again.

Perfect timing. Going to being pulling a 35ft tag trailer on Friday. Great time to have steering issues. :bang

I have a bilstein dampener on mine, they replaced the parts and now the dampener bottoms out when turning to the right and it wont turn as far to the right as it does to the left. Any one else have this issue?

Carli specifically says when you install the damper to take a hammer and tap the mounting ubolts on the the steering link as far to the left as you can. There was only about 1/4 inch of clearance with the steering wheel all the way to the right.

I installed the 08.5 upgrade and carli Bilstein stabilizer on my truck. Along with Luke's links in the trackbar. And a steering box stabilizer. It worked very well at the start but the front end has started shuddering a bit going around rough corners or very rough roads.... time for more parts, I reckon. ?

Sent from my LG pad

Made an appointment with my dealer to take the truck in to be looked at on friday. We will see what they say about it. Apparently I'm the first one to call them with issues with the new tie rods.

Just got my truck back from the dealer. They looked it over and said that there wasn't anything wrong. Took the service manager for a drive. He told me that almost everyone that has had their trucks in to get the tie rods replaced has brought them back because the trucks didn't drive right with the new parts. Seems to me that new tie rods should make the truck drive better not worse.....

Got mine done Thursday. Took four hours!!!! I might of raised a little hell!!!

Been there, already replaced that. Then I learned my lesson on letting dealerships work on stuff. Won't happen again.

Attachments

• IMAG0381.jpg
    IMAG0381.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0382.jpg
    IMAG0382.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0383.jpg
    IMAG0383.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Chrysler has recalled the tie rod ends they were using for the recall repairs. If your tie rods need to be replaced, all they can do right now is to put you on a waiting list. According to my dealership, they were notified of this about a week ago.

My truck has driven like donkey since they replaced mine and I've had the alignment checked at 2 other shops after the dealership aligned it.

Been there, already replaced that. Then I learned my lesson on letting dealerships work on stuff. Won't happen again.

Mine did the same thing about a year and a half ago. Thank goodness I was just in my drive way turning around.

Have they fixed the alignment issue with the recall fix?

Still debating on having the dealership fix it or just replace with moog parts.

I have my truck back twice, the bump steer is unbearable. It wants to go into death wobble too often, it drove fine before they put this chit on here.

Better have the dealership do it or it will never happen.

Squeaky Wheel

I talked to the dealership today. They asked me to come in next week so they could take a look at what I have. It tried to go into death wobble on me a couple times now, they did say that they (Chrysler) is working on a new fix. They said that if my problem was connected to the recall there wouldn't be a fee, if it was something else it would be $98 for an assessment. I told them to look up my file, this is the 3rd time I've called since they performed the recall, each time I've complained about bump steer and death wobble. I'm not paying anything! They Moog parts are looking better and better.

Would talking to a lawyer about this help? Obviously this is a danger to everyone driving around and Chrysler already knows that or they wouldn't have recalled it. So to be "safe" we would have all had to park our trucks for the last year or whenever the recall was sent out.

Why can't we just buy our parts and have a shop fix the problem and send Chrysler the bill? I'm tired of waiting and with my luck, my tie rod will go at the WORST possible time.

Would talking to a lawyer about this help? Obviously this is a danger to everyone driving around and Chrysler already knows that or they wouldn't have recalled it. So to be "safe" we would have all had to park our trucks for the last year or whenever the recall was sent out.

Why can't we just buy our parts and have a shop fix the problem and send Chrysler the bill? I'm tired of waiting and with my luck, my tie rod will go at the WORST possible time.

That is my fear.

I just received a recall yesterday in the mail and its the same one they sent out 7 months ago. Does this mean they have the new recall "recall" tie rods done or in stock? LOL

Back