Dodge 2008-2012 Tie Rod End Recall

Ho......ly.....shyt.

Dealer just called and said my truck is ready. They have had it now for a total of 37 minutes. It had better drive straight.

I had barely got back to my desk, ate a sausage/egg/cheese, and got a good dump in before they called. I saw the caller ID say Barry Sanders Dodge and figured they ordered the wrong part or something was wrong.

Shiny new parts. ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
Did you check you gauges to see if they flogged it?

I took mine to the dealer today. Got an appt for 2 weeks from now.

Got my shiny new chit today too, and they didn't get to test drive it.

IMAG0920_zps3a50ed82.jpg

Phucking mechanic tried to argue with me because he said my front end was all aftermarket once he saw the dual stabilizers. He went and told the service manager that my truck shouldn't get the tie rods.....I won. bif

Parts for mine came in this week and the truck is scheduled to go to the dealer next Wednesday. I was number 3 on the list to get the recall done. Service manager said that they had 60 more people on the list after me. I'm glad I called and got on the list when I did!

Shiny new parts. ;)

attachment.php

Daymn... If they are going to replace both of them, I've got my recall notice in hand going to the dealership right before I go to work today in about an hr. LOL

I know the passenger side is going bad bc the last time I had my truck in to get new front axle ujoints and they said they would have a hard time lining it up if I got new tires. Which I need bad.

So that will save me some money then!

I have to go back when the parts come in now after it was suppose to be done today. 1st Guy I talked to last week told me, "Ya, bring it & we'll get it fixed. It should take about 2 hrs". They told me today they had to do an inspection & now have to order the parts. Might be around April before they get them. I'm not happy.

I have to go back when the parts come in now after it was suppose to be done today. 1st Guy I talked to last week told me, "Ya, bring it & we'll get it fixed. It should take about 2 hrs". They told me today they had to do an inspection & now have to order the parts. Might be around April before they get them. I'm not happy.

I just left the dealership and he said he needed to look at my truck to make sure it was the type that fell under the recall which it was then he said he'd call me when they could get me in. He also said that Chrysler only ships them only 5 a week and he said I would be 3-4 weeks out.

Back