Dodge 2008-2012 Tie Rod End Recall

Agreed.:clap::welcome:

Thank you. It looks like a visit to the dealer is in my future. It's always nice to be able to get things upgraded or fixed at no cost to me from the dealer. Maybe I'll try to get someone to swing by the dealer for me to get on the list so I can get it fixed by the spring. Should be on my feet by then.

The catch here is......if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Since it is obviously a safety concern to me and my kids in the back seat, I guess I'll get it done. The problem with this is, most of the time it comes from the dealer worse than it went in. I just paid for a complete 4wheel alignment from the tech in Guthrie that has done them for over 20 years. He's really good. It drives great now. However, if these turds next door don't get it toed correctly and it drives bad, Imma-gonna-beaa mad!

I had mine replaced Monday and they reinstalled my u-bolt style stabilizer. They did a full alignment too!

I was told they only do a toe setting.....but I don't think the guys next door at Barry Sanders Dodge have a alignment rig big enough for a 4x4 1-ton. Not sure.

Has the reason for the tie rods breaking been found yet?

Hunted and pecked from a Galaxy S4A.

I just got put on the back side of a 4 page waiting list yesterday. Guy said he just got 12 of the tie rods in, so that's half a page closer. To verify, they do look at how the stabilizer end is attached to tell if you need the new end or not. If you've got the u-bolts, you probably need to get on the list.

Mine broke on my 09 turning into a parking lot, thankfully. I cant imagine what would have happened if that had broke on the interstate. I would highly suggest taking any truck in the recall to the dealer and have them replace it. Its no fun being stuck somewhere waiting on a rollback to come pick up your truck. At the time it happened the truck only had 60k miles on it.

I guess I should think about taking my 04.5 in, I got the N62 recall which is the left tire rod ball stud failing.

I know I'm in the wrong section but my 07 broke right in the drive way when I started to back up and this was two years ago so they knew this crap was going on a long time ago. It sheered it's self right below the threads. It was the shorter tie rod end. I want to say drivers side. And I did get a recall in the mail 1 month ago. Too bad it wasn't 2 years ago. And my front end has the bigger heavy duty stuff on it which is only a dealer part. I want to say it was 120 bucks for it.

Last edited:
My appointment is at 1:00 today for tie rod replacement on my early '07

I swerved to miss a skunk on the way to work today. How funny would it have been to show up at the dealer for front end work in an hour and a half today with fresh skunk ass all over it. :hehe: I seriously contemplated hittin' the country kitty.....but figured I'd be nice.

I'd have done it on purpose, simply because I know most of the mechanics that work at this dealership and I feel that they'd expect something like that from me. :lolly:

I'd have done it on purpose, simply because I know most of the mechanics that work at this dealership and I feel that they'd expect something like that from me. :lolly:

So you are just out to screw the dealerships, huh? This thread just went to hell.

:hehe:

:hehe:

I did however not wash under it on purpose so I could see what all they touched. Then I reset all my min's and max's on my display so I can see how well the test drivers keeps it to a "medium pace" on the test drive. If the sob's rag on it....I'll know speed, rpm, boost, the whole bowl of wax. ;)

Ain't no one gonna test drive my junk! Hell my own wife has never driven my truck.

Ain't no one gonna test drive my junk! Hell my own wife has never driven my truck.

Ha....you go tell my wife she can't drive my truck when she wants and we'll have a tow mirror at half mast truck parade for YOUR funeral a few days after. She's done jerked her shotgun on the oil field crews jumpin' the fence. You or I would be no different.

Back