Duramax Twins

Trojan366

trucks are slow
My new turbo setup showed up today. It isn;t out of the box but Dave over at HSPdiesel sent me a couple pics before it was all boxed up. Will post better pictures once everything is out of the boxes and once they are installed. Kit is from HSPdiesel and the turbos are a Danville 72vgt and a bullseye S483 TCT T6 96mm 1.32ar. This same setup has made 1100+hp on a few other trucks so it should get me to the 1000 mark without any real issues!:charger::st:

Attachments

• Turbos.jpg
    Turbos.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
  • HSP1.jpg
    HSP1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
  • HSP3.jpg
    HSP3.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 0
  • HSP4.jpg
    HSP4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
PS ignore the orange piping. Also want to point out the exhaust side of the chargers and kit is all ceramic coated black.

I cant wait to FINALLY see that thing make some power worthy of all the expensive things done to that 6.6

It's should go pretty damn good. And twins should be easier on the motor than spraying it. Hopefully it all stays in one piece haha

I like the gold flecked paint on the HSP pipe. And I marvel that you duramax guys run chargers that seem so close in size and yet work well.

Sent from my LG pad

I like the gold flecked paint on the HSP pipe. And I marvel that you duramax guys run chargers that seem so close in size and yet work well.

I always thought the exact opposite when I looked at Cummins twin setups. I could never figure out how a 64 and an 88 worked lol. It seems like you six in a row boys love to gate the little charger. The added displacement helps us drive a larger high pressure turbo and I don't think the atmospheric charger has to work as hard. The duramax setups also spool very smooth and linear. I feel like the cummins setups with the big size difference would have to light the little turbo and then open the gate to spool the larger charger. I have no real experience with dodge twins but that has always been my thought on them.

How far are you from dillsburg PA? Bring that sucker to Spring Fling and show some cummins boys whats up!

Its probably a 5-6 hour trip with a trailer. Unfortunately I have plans that weekend. If it was in April that would be the perfect opportunity to do some testing for DPC(if I get in)

It doesn't feel bad. Pretty good actually. Did a couple 4wd launches yesterday and a burnout. Did I tell you that the valve covers have never been off my engine?? :p

But on a more serious note. When do I get to hear about how she runs with the new twins?!?!?!?

It doesn't feel bad. Pretty good actually. Did a couple 4wd launches yesterday and a burnout. Did I tell you that the valve covers have never been off my engine?? :p

But on a more serious note. When do I get to hear about how she runs with the new twins?!?!?!?

Hoping it is running by the end of next week. Had a few other things come up while it was apart that are taking a little extra time. Decided to do all new brakelines as well as rebuild the majority of the front end. Much easier to do with the motor out of the way and I'd hate to add this power and see something small fail.

1 I have red hair. 2 I went and saw the progress last night. Motor was going back in this morning for a test for and everything should be all together by Tuesdayish. A few fuel lines were moved for the old y bridge and they need to be rennet for the twins y bridge

Back