Duramax Twins

I would not do a cage on a DD. They make it so rigged it rides like **** and you hear every little squeak a noise.
I had the same turbo setup on my truck last year. I loved the way it drove on the street and I was able to run a 9.2 and make 1106rwhp with it.
X2 on HSP's work. They just got done with my triples and it looks bad ass.

I got a chance to drive the truck this past week(a lot). Took a roadtrip from Just South of Boston, MA down to Myrtle Beach, SC then swung through Washington DC on the way home. Just over 2000 miles miles and about 30 hours of total drive time. Truck drives down the road like it is stock until you lay into it and then holy **** you're going for a ride. Tune 3 is very clean and flat out hammers. Tune 4 is useless until 50+mph because of wheelspin. Tune 5 will cook the 305/50 nitto 420s at 60+mph and I really haven't had a chance to do any 4wd testing. I couldn't be happier with the way everything came together. Now I need to get the thing on a dyno and to the track. (just bought 30x14 M&H slicks since traction seems to be a problem) Will post when I have some numbers!

Yes and no. I don't even make 58......
You give the little guys like me something to dream about. Even if you have red hair and wear funny colored shoes, you truly are an inspiration.

^^ what do you think? Can I have some money now?? Hahahahha. Nice numbers tho I bet you'll get more out of it. Jerk

I would not do a cage on a DD. They make it so rigged it rides like **** and you hear every little squeak a noise.
I had the same turbo setup on my truck last year. I loved the way it drove on the street and I was able to run a 9.2 and make 1106rwhp with it.
X2 on HSP's work. They just got done with my triples and it looks bad ass.

X2, this is the reason I refuse to cage mine. Rode in enough of them to know I didn't want to deal with it on a daily basis. Mine is too much fun to drive as it is and I don't want to ruin that just to make track techs happy.

Pics of the twin kit installed.

Attachments

• motor1.JPG
    motor1.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 0
  • motor2.jpg
    motor2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
  • motor3.jpg
    motor3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
  • motor4.jpg
    motor4.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
  • motor5.jpg
    motor5.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
This same setup on my truck last year would make 78psi until I hit OD then I would see 84psi. You will see I big increase in power once you load in on the dyno and vet the boost numbers higher.

I know, that's what kills me. Last year it made 851 on spray but didn't clean up all the fuel. Now it made 865 on fuel but when I'm on the street it completely cleans up the fuel. That tells me I picked up a lot more than 14hp. Grand scheme of things I don't care about the dyno. I need to get this thing in the mid tens and nobody will question it lol

I know, that's what kills me. Last year it made 851 on spray but didn't clean up all the fuel. Now it made 865 on fuel but when I'm on the street it completely cleans up the fuel. That tells me I picked up a lot more than 14hp. Grand scheme of things I don't care about the dyno. I need to get this thing in the mid tens and nobody will question it lol

Any up dates on the truck? little birdy told me it went 10.5s!! Is that true??

Last edited:
10.522 @ 132.6 on 30x14 M&H cheaters. I had the full interior etc. Only weight reduction was taking off the tailgate. I drove the truck half an hour to the track and then drove it home when we finished!

10.522 @ 132.6 on 30x14 M&H cheaters. I had the full interior etc. Only weight reduction was taking off the tailgate. I drove the truck half an hour to the track and then drove it home when we finished!

Any pics of the truck w/ the slicks on? Truck looks gorgeous, and congrats on the times!

Also curious if they gave you any grief about no cage in Englishtown?

Last edited:
Back