Group Purchase??? BW480/92/1.10A/R T6

BW480/92LDP/1.10A/R
BW482/92LDP/1.10A/R Race Cover

Is the 482 using your ET-R wheel, or is it just a standard wheel with the race cover?

The 1.10 A/R housings still have a 5" v-band, correct?

Need the answers so I can order the right one...:poke:

Last edited:
BW480/92LDP/1.10A/R
BW482/92LDP/1.10A/R Race Cover

Is the 482 using your ET-R wheel, or is it just a standard wheel with the race cover?

The 1.10 A/R housings still have a 5" v-band, correct?

Need the answers so I can order the right one...:poke:

These are cast wheel versions only, and yes 5" marmon on the exhaust. It will be built to drop in place of the standard S400's most use for twins.

Are you kidding me!! 24hours to get a PM and now several weeks just to get custom turbo's!!. I want it now.(just messing with you Jose)

LOL....we are getting tons of PM's on these and orders coming in daily for this GP. Takes time to CNC all these suckers.... :lolly:

Hey guy's, how long is the group buy on for?

I myself would like the turbo's sent out right away, but others may wanna wait till after the long weekend....what do you say?

Jose, you've got my information...:woohoo:

Here is the ET-R wheel....76 and 80mm's.

ET-1%20web%20copy.jpg

All units begin to ship out this upcoming week. We will need to decide a cut off time for the GP. Will probably post it on Tuesday and see. Right now we are sitting at 22 units on the GP and growing.

I will call your on Tuesday...I would llike to have a pollished compressor housing on mine if available. (may as well add some more Eye Candy):Cheer:

Are the 480s being sold under this group buy an 8-blade wheel or has Borg released cast versions of the forged milled wheels (7-blade 480)?

8 blade cast. We have the 7 blade billet Borg wheel also.

Have a look at the following link:

BorgWarner Turbo S400SX3-80 FMW S480 S380 80mm BILLET TURBO (S400) PN: 179180

What are you thoughts of this turbo as a primary and what is your price with the compressor cover cut for a v-band discharge? It says even in its t4 housing the turbo is rated for 1250hp pushing 125lbs-min from the compressor. Do you not like the idea of a t4 primary on say an 800whp effort? If not what would pricing look like if you cut a t6 1.1 undivided housing for it? Thanks and sorry for all the questions. Those new j-type turbines must work fairly well given the power that turbo is rated for from Borg with a t4 housing. And if you could run a t4 housing in a primary and not hurt the big end that sounds like a super win to me:blahblah1:

I see you addressed some of the questions above in my other thread about the FMW 480. Is the 96mm turbine the only option or can that "J-type" 87mm turbine be used in the 1.1 t6 housing? If not either what about the 92?

Last edited:
Good primary turbo, but T4 is not ideal at all. I would go T6 all the way. Like I said in the other post, the 125lbs/min is a bit optimistic with the 87mm turbine wheel. Don't care what (insert letter)-Type turbine it is. T4 flange has its limitation period.

Have a look at the following link:

BorgWarner Turbo S400SX3-80 FMW S480 S380 80mm BILLET TURBO (S400) PN: 179180

What are you thoughts of this turbo as a primary and what is your price with the compressor cover cut for a v-band discharge? It says even in its t4 housing the turbo is rated for 1250hp pushing 125lbs-min from the compressor. Do you not like the idea of a t4 primary on say an 800whp effort? If not what would pricing look like if you cut a t6 1.1 undivided housing for it? Thanks and sorry for all the questions. Those new j-type turbines must work fairly well given the power that turbo is rated for from Borg with a t4 housing. And if you could run a t4 housing in a primary and not hurt the big end that sounds like a super win to me:blahblah1:

I see you addressed some of the questions above in my other thread about the FMW 480. Is the 96mm turbine the only option or can that "J-type" 87mm turbine be used in the 1.1 t6 housing? If not either what about the 92?

Good primary turbo, but T4 is not ideal at all. I would go T6 all the way. Like I said in the other post, the 125lbs/min is a bit optimistic with the 87mm turbine wheel. Don't care what (insert letter)-Type turbine it is. T4 flange has its limitation period.

Ok, thanks a bunch! PM'ing you

36 Total units went on the GP. If you guys want us to extend it a little longer let us know. Also if you are looking for a GP on another custom charger let us know as well. We maybe able to work on it.

Back