lets see pics of traction bars

Not bad. Did a lot better than I thought it would and nothin broke so that's good. Took 4th out of 5 in the 2.6 class goin up against 3 550+ hp common rails and one p pumper. I barely beat the p pumped truck. Pulled 270' all with a bone stock non lockup auto and stock head bolts.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMimFV4sIhE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMimFV4sIhE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

This may be a stupid question but would there be any problem at all with setting up your traction bars in a 4-link type design? For instance, run a longer bar from the bottom of the axle to a point about mid frame - then run a shorter bar from the top of the axle to a point closer to the axle on the frame? I would think it would eliminate all possible axle movement but still allow plenty of up and down without binding. I'm not too concerned with up and down movement as the suspension on my pulling truck would not have any movement. I thought about this same idea for my truck but instead welding webbing in between the two to tie them together. Any opinions on this?

Nothing at all....the top bar is just not needed to dp the same thing unless your leaf spring(s) is really soft.

heres mine from CPP

2011-06-06_14-13-30_9.jpg

2011-06-23_19-21-18_769.jpg

I can't believe people spend that kinda money on Jameys traction bars. My jaw dropped when I saw the price.... they look good but not $650 good lol

^ are you running bushing in the rear? How much of the front mount is welded to the frame? Looks good and unique

I'm running Johnny Joints on both ends. The front is welded all the way now, it was just tacked there in that pic. This show's the front a little better. A friend of mine builds suspensions for Jeeps back up in Connecticut. He uses square over round and I have always liked the look square. Had that suspension on my ZJ, just like that square look.

P9115604.jpg

P1010047-3.jpg

Square does have a less resistance to bending as compared to round. There is more surface area and no weak edges in the round. It is a lot easier to dent square. But they look awesome. In a jeep they are so short you really wouldn't see a problem. Im curious to how well they hold up.

thanks jp..someday im gonna build me a set...
No, thank you Sir!

1JP, those square traction bars look great!!
Thanks!

Square does have a less resistance to bending as compared to round. There is more surface area and no weak edges in the round. It is a lot easier to dent square. But they look awesome. In a jeep they are so short you really wouldn't see a problem. Im curious to how well they hold up.
I beg to differ on that dent theory. I used to throw, slam and drop my ZJ's lower control arms (pic above) on rocks and ledges. They don't dent from that abuse, they arc a little :hehe: Never have seen one dent or kink. So far, so good. I've been hitting the 1/4 mile with them, dirt draggin' it and sled pulling...So far, so good :rockwoot:

:hehe:
P1010014-1.jpg

For truck pulling would you want bars to connect on the top and the bottom or just the bottom?

Back