March 2nd season opener phoenix

Talking to the track the earliest something might happen is in April so are plans have not changed and our season opener will be on March 2nd at Speedworld

Is nobody going to this event or what. Seems like. Chatter around here has slowed down huge, I know I've been busy and just haven't been active like I used to be. Either way, got the pulled out of the snow bank and in the garage now. Got 9 more night shiifts then I get togo home for a few days. Looking forward to pulling the motor again this year cause stupid left water in the motor and it froze cock stiff and pushed the plugs out. Hopefully its just a matter of putting new ones in. It dropped to minus25 this year about a month before it usually does and of course I was up north and couldn't do anything about it. Lucky me. Anyways that's my story for today, looking forward to some heat and sunshine

Ugh, hope the block turns out okay Shawn! I've had that one go both ways, once just pushed the plugs out, the other time a huge crack!

Update -
Speedworld contacted us today and they assured us that they got an extension on the track and they will be open for the Desert Diesel Nationals.

So we can all put the rumors aside and have a great season opener

DDN-2013-Web.jpg

Is nobody going to this event or what. Seems like. Chatter around here has slowed down huge, I know I've been busy and just haven't been active like I used to be. Either way, got the pulled out of the snow bank and in the garage now. Got 9 more night shiifts then I get togo home for a few days. Looking forward to pulling the motor again this year cause stupid left water in the motor and it froze cock stiff and pushed the plugs out. Hopefully its just a matter of putting new ones in. It dropped to minus25 this year about a month before it usually does and of course I was up north and couldn't do anything about it. Lucky me. Anyways that's my story for today, looking forward to some heat and sunshine

Damn! Is this the 2nd or 3rd time you've done this?

That would be the 2nd time I think.

We have just about done it too with our old truck. Guy gets home from finals and completely forgets.

This will be my 4th year there, great people at Speedworld and love to support them! Will be heading that way with my truck on a trailer if we can get the trans rebuilt, pulled the pan yesterday and found shards of what looks to be the center support bearing :/ Hopefully Joe Higuera will have his truck back together and making 10 sec passes as well.

Last edited:
Just an FYI they cancelled an event for this weekend.

Saying they were not given a permit.

http://speedworlddragstrip.com/site/

WELCOME TO SPEEDWORLD

EVENT CANCELLED!
THE COUNTY LIED
TO US ABOUT
ISSUING THE PERMIT!

THE COUNTY LIED!!
Wednesday Morning (today) Maricopa county officials
on behalf of their Land & Development attorney Wayne Peck,
refused to issue a Temporary Use Permit
THAT THEY HAD PREVIOUSLY AGREED TO ISSUE,
causing the cancellation of our National Open.
CALL MARICOPA COUNTY, from wherever you are,
and let your voices be heard!
We are VERY, VERY SORRY for all of the
hassle and difficulty this is causing our racers,
we are devastated and frankly disgusted that our
elected and officials would play this game
of duplicity, bad faith and lies.
Keep checking with the Speedworld website
for information on further developments.

We have contacted the track and yes they did not get the temporary permit in time for this weekend but they should have our permit next week.

This will be my 4th year there, great people at Speedworld and love to support them! Will be heading that way with my truck on a trailer if we can get the trans rebuilt, pulled the pan yesterday and found shards of what looks to be the center support bearing :/ Hopefully Joe Higuera will have his truck back together and making 10 sec passes as well.

I'm a little surprised you've returned.

Back