Mega Cab runs 11.14@ Bradenton this weekend

Wicked, I thought you were a pretty good guy, but you have proven to be an idiot with that post. Good luck.

....other than killing/maiming himself, how would a rollbar protect anyone else but the driver? Granted, I'm all for them but the question appears to be valid.

i would agree with burner 100% how would a cage protect the guy in the other lane? its sounds to me like some of you just teamed up and made nothing into something. i agree he should have one for his own safety but i dont see how it would benefit anyone else. i would also say ive never seen a group of men so into high school drama. ill admit i looked at this thread from the beginning but i was only looking for a vid click from w1cked.

A cage protects the driver of said vehicle- if in the event of something happening- driver is protected. (It protects the driver who is maintaining control of race vehicle....)

Rules are in place and are constantly looked at by the NHRA to strive to maintain safe racing for all involved.

W1cked there are plenty of shops out there who can build a cage that can be still user friendly in day to day use..... I hope you look into this and continue your push into the 10's- I'd rather see you do it safely- though....

Since we are talking about the safety of others, I believe with that et some driveshaft loops are in order at the very least, and they would protect the driver in the other lane.

Wicked did not expect to run this fast. He is now thinking that he may need a cage if he continues. It's a natural process when looking to go faster. His work truck with a cage may not be what he was planning for. Just a thought. Thanks

I wish he would get a cage. Like racinduallie said...there are so many shops that can integrate and durn near hide a cage. If you'll buy gauges to monitor and protect your 15k dollar engine, why not buy a rollcage to protect your priceless life? Kind of got your priorities wrong. I definitely would have a cage in that thing even if I never raced it at the track. If you have that much power god knows you're going to street race with it. If you have a cage there is a much higher chance you will walk away from the accident out in the boondocks...not be stranded and trapped waiting for an ambulance.*bdh*

2001shrtbedcmns said:
I wish he would get a cage. Like racinduallie said...there are so many shops that can integrate and durn near hide a cage. If you'll buy gauges to monitor and protect your 15k dollar engine, why not buy a rollcage to protect your priceless life? Kind of got your priorities wrong. I definitely would have a cage in that thing even if I never raced it at the track. If you have that much power god knows you're going to street race with it. If you have a cage there is a much higher chance you will walk away from the accident out in the boondocks...not be stranded and trapped waiting for an ambulance.*bdh*
:clap:

Man that was a lot of reading. I wasted my whole Study Hall period reading it! Oh, wait, I am out of high school now. :hehe:

All bs aside, I am like most people. I like to see a video to provide the ultimate proof of a run, and not just a timeslip. We've all seen the guy that posted NastyGirl's dyno sheet in a myspace message board and tried to pass it off as his own, right? The same can be done with a timeslip. With that being said, I don't think w1cked did such a thing. We live in a world where actions speak louder than words, so let your actions on the track do the talking and get them on video. Also, if you don't want a rollcage that's fine....but if you've got the money to do what you've done to your truck you've got the money to have someone fab up a rollcage that isn't going to render your interior useless or anything....plus if something happened you would be much better protected man. And quit saying you are "cheating" by removing odds and ends from the cab....pull the heavy stuff, weigh the thing, race it and record it. That to me should be the ultimate proof. Nuff said!

There are people out there that can fab up a removable roll bar that will pass tech. So, when you race, you install it, when you aren’t, you take it out. That is pretty much the best of both worlds. The fact that you have a very large cab, allows you to do this with out taking the back bracing into the bed. If you look at Project X, you will see that the cage is contained inside of the cab and you have a larger one. That’s just my $.02

The fact that he doesnt run a roll cage only "directly" affects him (ie, he could kill himself in an accident), but it "indirectly" affects everyone.

Think about it. If he lost control of his 8400 pound LIFTED brick and went into a wall and lost his life, insurance would have a FIELD DAY with that. All blame would be placed on the track and especially the tech-inspectors!! The track would be shut down, and it would make a lot of people unhappy...

ben

duratothemax said:
All blame would be placed on the track and especially the tech-inspectors!! The track would be shut down, and it would make a lot of people unhappy...

ben

Not to mention the fact that SFI and NHRA would have to revisit current rules and possibly not allow 4x4 's to run faster than 11.50......

I wonder how many are breaking this rule.
With a four inch lift i am way to tall also so everyone here with a lift kit is also breaking the rules.
Let's see what we stir up with this one.

E.T. brackets
Recognizing a growing number of trucks competing at the local level, NHRA has adjusted the height guidelines to reflect these vehicles. The maximum height of the crankshaft centerline on any truck is 36 inches. Trucks that measure more than 31 inches are limited to running 12.00 seconds or slower. Trucks running from 10.00 to 11.99 seconds cannot measure more than 31 inches, and trucks running 9.99 or quicker must measure 24 inches or lower.

W1cked said:
I wonder how many are breaking this rule.
With a four inch lift i am way to tall also so everyone here with a lift kit is also breaking the rules.
Let's see what we stir up with this one.

E.T. brackets
Recognizing a growing number of trucks competing at the local level, NHRA has adjusted the height guidelines to reflect these vehicles. The maximum height of the crankshaft centerline on any truck is 36 inches. Trucks that measure more than 31 inches are limited to running 12.00 seconds or slower. Trucks running from 10.00 to 11.99 seconds cannot measure more than 31 inches, and trucks running 9.99 or quicker must measure 24 inches or lower.

You may be right...but I don't see most of those guys posting stuff like:
W1cked said:
Rules are made to be broken

I'll never run a cage in my daily driver...but I plan to run a 12.0 on fuel only, and spray it a bit and see what it'll do. If I run faster than 11.49 and the track requires a cage, I'll turn the nitrous off and keep running! I like playing with these trucks as much as the next guy...but I'll be damned if I'll put myself and everyone else in danger by launching an 8400lb truck down a track with NO safety equipment!

But what do I know...I don't have a CR, so I guess I'll never be as good as you:bang

Chris

The 1/8 mile track do not require rollbars.
The 1/4 mile tracks are all 3-4 hours away.
So look at it from my point of view. Install a rollcage to go to the track once in a blue moon.

Not a lot of guys with lifts running in the 10's. Its more your blatant, "I don't give a crap, I'll comply with the rules I want to, and ignore the ones I don't attitude". That is turning folks off. Congrats on your times, too bad you can't look beyond your arrogance to see why its not a good idea.

Timbeaux38 said:
Not to mention the fact that SFI and NHRA would have to revisit current rules and possibly not allow 4x4 's to run faster than 11.50......

That would be asinine as every AWD car would be on the same list, and there are a lot faster and a lot more of them around, including a few "super cars" that run well into the 10's with out cages STOCK from the factory.

Back