Mega Cab runs 11.14@ Bradenton this weekend

W1cked said:
The 1/8 mile track do not require rollbars.
The 1/4 mile tracks are all 3-4 hours away.
So look at it from my point of view. Install a rollcage to go to the track once in a blue moon.

So the 1/8 is safer because they don't require it?? From what I've seen, trucks don't get squirrelly on the big end, it the small end leading up to the 1/8...at least the fast 4x4's I've seen don't get loose at the big end!

Chris

If and when the block pops and water gets under them tires it won't matter which end of the track it's on....... $.02

Good point Jeff...guess I didn't think of that! That's defiantly a scenario that could easily happen at the big end of a track!

Considering he's fragged 6 engines already, it also sounds like one he should be concerned with!

Chris

I don't care how ignorant one becomes with the fast performance potentials of their rig- as long as they respect the safety of others around them and themselves is my point in all this.....

W1cked do yourself a favor and look into a chassis shop- they really can build you a very user friendly roll cage with NHRA tech passing swing out door bars ect......$.02

Umm, 1/8 mile tracks have rules too. It's not a free for all because the track is half the length!!

JasonCzerak said:
That would be asinine as every AWD car would be on the same list, and there are a lot faster and a lot more of them around, including a few "super cars" that run well into the 10's with out cages STOCK from the factory.

Get your NHRA Rule book out.... the 4x4 truck rule already exists...no faster than 10.00... I am saying that any accidents may be cause for NHRA to change that rule :rules::bang

take one MEGA an add one roll cage, subtract one 400lb boom box = lighter truck. :rockwoot:

W1cked said:
So look at it from my point of view. Install a rollcage to go to the track once in a blue moon.

ok we'll make a special exception for you. The NHRA and DHRA dont care what you think or think its "ok to let it slide because you only race once in a blue moon". :rolleyes:

It only takes ONE of those races to go wrong and screw it up for EVERYONE.

You have a 4" lift, I would hardly call that tall.

Those are the rules and they arent changing. They might even change for the worse if people like you keep breaking them. So suck it up and comply to them or dial your truck in for 11.50 or slower. :)

I really think you lost all credibility that you might have had when you made the statement "rules were made to be broken"...Notice how no one is on your side now?

ben

ok, i haven't seen it in a while, none of the pics i have seen show a cage.

Madsen's cage is very nicely done from the pics Ive seen. It fits tight against the interior of the body and isnt very obtrusive.

Nasty Girl has a really nice cage too. It fits all around the rear seats (crew cab), and even has a "U" shaped bend in the roof bar to fit around the factory-option rear seat DVD player. :D

hey I can always rent the track for a full day and not have to deal with any of the rules
at that point I can make up my own ruled

W1cked said:
I wonder how many are breaking this rule.........

So let me get this straight....................

Other people break the rules..........and I only do it once in awhile..........

So it's OK to lie to the track :bang

That's like saying...........

Other people commit murder............and I only do it now and then......

So it's OK :rolleyes:

There are rules in racing, just as there are rules in life. Either you follow the rules or you don't....It's not a multiple choice, pick or choose.

:umno: Don't think you'll pass the tech that is required to run even on a rented track......All race tracks have an insurance policy to uphold.....

W1cked said:
hey I can always rent the track for a full day and not have to deal with any of the rules
at that point I can make up my own ruled

YOU CAN NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang

Timbeaux38 said:
Get your NHRA Rule book out.... the 4x4 truck rule already exists...no faster than 10.00... I am saying that any accidents may be cause for NHRA to change that rule :rules::bang

I don't have a rule book on hand. I'll take your word for it.

So, other then the truck being "taller" say, for argument sake an Talon, a talon for example with a welded center diff. essentially the same non-slippage transfer point between the front and rear axles is any different then a 4x4, say even a 4x4 lowered to be damn near the high of said talon?

I seen their point of crank center line height restrictions, fail to see how AWD (with even with a welded center diff) is any different? And they run 8's and 9's on the tuner circuits

I suppose this is a grey area. I'm just going to call BS on the drive line restriction at 10.00, unless someone has a good fact as to why it's not as "safe".

Could it be a reason to force drivers to a drag link suspension?

Back