Mega Cab runs 11.14@ Bradenton this weekend

JasonCzerak said:
I don't have a rule book on hand. I'll take your word for it.

So, other then the truck being "taller" say, for argument sake an Talon, a talon for example with a welded center diff. essentially the same non-slippage transfer point between the front and rear axles is any different then a 4x4, say even a 4x4 lowered to be damn near the high of said talon?

I seen their point of crank center line height restrictions, fail to see how AWD (with even with a welded center diff) is any different? And they run 8's and 9's on the tuner circuits

I suppose this is a grey area. I'm just going to call BS on the drive line restriction at 10.00, unless someone has a good fact as to why it's not as "safe".

Could it be a reason to force drivers to a drag link suspension?

For starters the center of gravity between a 4wd truck and an awd car is vastly different........$.02

* Puts on Devils Advocate hat*

Jeorge,
IF you actually ran 11.14,and plan on probably running that fast again, why not cage it and shut the mouths of your naysayers???? I mean, all you really have is a slip, and since we could debate it's validity considering the timing system was hit by lightning, your unwillingness to cage the truck could be attributed to you not thinking the truck has 11.49's in it.(some might argue)

Some people could also argue that they would not add a cage unless it is a necessity (Like Commerce if you plan on running faster than 11.50) But if you show up at Commerce and run 12's, you will likely never hear the end of it. By the same token, if you pop a sub 11.50 in Commerce, don't plan on running there again. BTW, do you even have the required drive shaft loops top run QD? If not, then you really are posing a threat to the guy in the other lane.....Vaulting over a drive shaft could put you into the other lane...... You must enjoy solo passes.

Last edited:
Bringing up the weight thing.....My 04.5 with 20's, tailgate on, and spare tire weighed 7140 with my 235lb ass in it. I also have nerf bars and hyd. tonneau cover. This was at Baytown on Sunday. I thought it was on the light side. It is also the slowest 700hp truck due to converter issues.:doh: $.02

sootman said:
Bringing up the weight thing.....My 04.5 with 20's, tailgate on, and spare tire weighed 7140 with my 235lb ass in it. I also have nerf bars and hyd. tonneau cover. This was at Baytown on Sunday. I thought it was on the light side. It is also the slowest 700hp truck due to converter issues.:doh: $.02

So what did you run?

W1cked said:
Ok
Lets start a W1cked rollcage fund. You guys fund it and it will be put on the truck.

Sell your spinnin' rims.... You should be able to get enough to buy 2 cages. LOL

W1cked said:
Ok
Lets start a W1cked rollcage fund. You guys fund it and it will be put on the truck.

Sounds Like Wade, "You guys pay for the fuel, and I'll come race".:bang How about not building a truck, if you can't afford to comply with the regs.

On Edit: Damn, Greg beat me to it.

Damb I was going to inform a mod that Wade hacked w1cked's account but Greg and Dal beat me to it. LOL

I am being sponsered by a company on my converter and it is way too tight for my turbo. It won't get out of it's own way in the 60ft race. I am installing a much looser converter this week.:bang Gave up after 2nd run. I couldn't get my lock up to work in 2nd or 3rd gears.:bang Maybe she's a dyno queen?

Last edited:
The local 1/8 track told me I needed a roll bar and drivshaft loops for any thing faster than 7.30. I am trying to get a roll cage for my truck before I go to Moroso in October not just because it is mandantory :rules: but because I am very fond of my wifes husband (he is a pretty good guy) and I dont want anything to happen to him.

Hey just got off the phone with Joe from hellmans performance and he will build me a rollbar for about 900.00 plus install.
Come on guys
Help a brotha out LOL

Rollbar and driveline loops have been ordered.
Liftkit coming off this week.
Speakers with two 10 subs (not coming off) gotta have my jams while going down the track.

Back