Monster vp 44

First off to hit 1000HP with a vp you are going to need every last performance part they make for them! Including a crap load of $$$ in the head.

dont you need a load of performance parts to make 1000 hp with any type/model of truck as well as a sh!t ton of money??

True but with a VP your venturing into unfamiliar territory? With a CR or a 12valve theres all ready a few out there that can point you in the right direction. With a VP you gotta kinda learn as you go but I am sure there is alot of information on what has and hasn't worked to get you started.

looks like this is turning into quite a good thread :D
thanks for everyones support!
i know it can be done. its just finding the right things to throw together..
i have been doing research on Procharger and they ha a 5inch wheel super charger that is capable of 80psi. and its instantaniouse boost. if you had that feeding like lets say a 118 turbonetics charger. i think that would be quite the set up. and pluse no one else has tried it yet that i know of. (on a cummins anyways)

850hp on #2 only has been done already.....and i bet we see more from Karl at Redline Diesel this year :evil

i agree ...... you will need 25k+ just to start

850hp on #2 only has been done already.....and i bet we see more from Karl at Redline Diesel this year :evil

i agree ...... you will need 25k+ just to start

oh its not going to be cheep by anymeans.
i know that for sure already. ha

Good deal!!! Ill be rooting for ya! we need a high hp VP on fuel only! If you have any questions Ill try and answer!
QUOTE]

Tust me, your going to be one of the first of many people i will go to:Cheer:

i have a ?. if i upgrade to 1/2inch lines will that help so my fuel pressure doesnt drop so much from idle to wot?

What size lines do you have now and how much does it drop?

they are just 3/8 right now. but at idle im at 20-21 and wot i get about 13-12. i know not to go below ten but i know with the monster pump its going to suck more fuel.

upgrade the spring in your fass if your pulling it down to 12 or 13 lbs thats too low im sure someone can chime in on the part# for it, i run 1/2 braided lines and dont see anything under 23lbs, the sump in your tank will need to be upgraded as well, or put a fuel cell in it

12 or 13 lbs is too low???? I thought anything over 14 got bypassed at the vp anyway....

its not too low it just drops too much psi for my liking. i see people that theirs only drop like 2psi

I run a 1/2" pick up in the factory sump location and 3/8 line with the Fass 150 and only drop 2psi @ WOT. Be careful when doing the pick up tube mod so you dont suck air when fuel is low or sloshing.
There are 1000+hp fuel only VPs coming this year, sit back and enjoy! or better yet, join sandman and build your own!:rockwoot:

Last edited:
I run a 1/2" pick up in the factory sump location and 3/8 line with the Fass 150 and only drop 2psi @ WOT. Be careful when doing the pick up tube mod so you dont suck air when fuel is low or sloshing.
There are 1000+hp fuel only VPs coming this year, sit back and enjoy! or better yet, join sandman and build your own!:rockwoot:

hells ya! thats the spirit!

An oem lift pump and 1/2 lines could only be pulled down 3 psi at 490+ hp on my truck, so yeah the increased volume of bigger lines might help.

Back