My bypass kit.....version 1.0

Thanks to everyone for all the good information in this thread. I am in the proccess of putting together a bypass setup for my truck and just wanted to make sure that no body has had any problems with the watts 530c, all of the information that have read about it say its rated for 180*

http://www.watts.com/pdf/es-530c.pdf

my plumber friend told me if it gets to hot, no big deal.it will just open quicker. he doesent think it will hurt the valve.

might be a stupid question.. Is there a reason no one is using hard lines? I can't stand the hoses running everwhere. Makes for a whole lotta ugly underneath the hood. And I'm a bit of a routing nut.

I did! I did!

DSCF3359.jpg

DSCF3392.jpg

DSCF3396.jpg

And if one 1/2" line isn't enough(better than nothing) I can always use the fitting on the top of the head and run a second line to the other bung in my radiator hose... :)
Might not be the fanciest or best, but I only have about $100 in it including the aluminum part in the back from Haisley that cost me $65

I don't have a bypass kit. There isn't much power over 3500, the only time I get much over 3500 is when I'm spinning tires for lack of traction.

142,000 miles or so, all freeze plugs accounted for as well.

Sounds like a good idea to free up some HP tho.

Machine shop is putting screw in plugs on my head while they are port it, im doing my own bypass kit before motor goes back in the truck. I cant see buying a high dollar kit when i can make it myself and it does the samething.

how hard was it to weld on the thermostat housing? did it work ok i would rather do that then drill and tap it but i imagine that drilling and taping it works ok as well!

not enough did you just drill and tap your housing do you have pictures of it? thanks a lot

Back