New best time. 7.22 @ 103.3 mph. Time for some tires.

Blacksdieselhp

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Just ran a 7.22 @ 103.3 backup up by a 7.24 @ 100. These were all fuel passes. This is on 35" tires that don't hook the best. 60ft was 1.65-1.67. What kind of gain do you think I could see with a set of drag radials? I'm guessing the M&H tires are about the best route to go? Is a 1.50 60ft possible in a 4wd street truck? Can't wait to get some :nos: on it and see what it will do.

Yep. Got some bugs worked out of it. Still a lot of tuning to do on the truck. Those passes were with the smarty only on level three and stock timing. Got a new, bigger turbo to try on it and some bigger sticks and then comes the nitrous.

Yep. Got some bugs worked out of it. Still a lot of tuning to do on the truck. Those passes were with the smarty only on level three and stock timing. Got a new, bigger turbo to try on it and some bigger sticks and then comes the nitrous.

Dang Son....Slow down a bit, I gotta be able to catch ya man!!

Details on the specs of that truck?? It's been a while since Tom told me...As is now...Then Specs on what your doing???

Unless your being all Top Secret like some of these Cats!!!!! LOL

:poke:

Ashley hes got some brand new 4.5s just showed up from Don today if interested.

I may be intersted in them. I just talked to Eric Brown about sending these in to get 4.5s. I think they will work great with this new turbo setup i'm putting on tomorrow. Send me a pm on what you want for them.

I haven't done anything to lose any weight on the truck. The spare was already gone when I got it, but thats it. Not sure what it weighs. Just been playing with some different tuning and different turbos. Still got some traction issues. Anything over 15 lb launches will smoke the tires through the 60ft. Gotta get some tires and cal tracs on. The truck had a water injection kit on it when i got it, but I never used it. i actually pulled it off to make room for the nitrous. There are definately drugs in the near future for this truck. I have built two other engines with almost exactly the same parts as this one, but this big single on this one is definately the biggest difference versus the other two trucks. Props to Bullseye for getting this huge thing to spool. And also to Dave Goerend for building a converter to help make it happen. He is by far the #1 tranny guy on this planet.

you know you can't run that fast with what you got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was the 7.22 on a 660ft track or a 594ft track? lol ha ha.

I think I can outrun your truck as soon as I get the rocket ship strapped down in the bed. LOL. I think the track was 486.54 ft. haha

And also to Jeff Garmon for building a converter to help make it happen. He is by far the #1 tranny guy on this planet.

There! I fixed it for ya Ash!!!! lol

Seriously though, Home state guy (Jeff) with a convertor shop (Phil Taylor-Slowpoke) right in house.....I'd put Jeff's inventions that no-body else uses up against any of them.....Oh well......

Already did that. The results are laying in my shop floor. And the warranty was about as good as a pawn shop. So I think i'm gonna stick with Goerend.

Already did that. The results are laying in my shop floor. And the warranty was about as good as a pawn shop. So I think i'm gonna stick with Goerend.

Yours or James'??

Heard bits and pieces of this "he said - she said" drama.....Come'on now Ash..You know as well as I do that there more to that story!!

I never seen someone GIVE away for free Chit and Labor than Jeff Garmon!! Even if it's not his fault....

Like I said, I don't know the whole story but I've heard Quite a bit for BOTH sides....Well...I'll leave it at that.....

Good luck man!! :Cheer:

I don't recall any of my product going to your shop, or to any of your customers. I fixed James' converter, where the seal was damaged if that is what you are referring to. If there is a problem with my product let me know.

Back