New best time. 7.22 @ 103.3 mph. Time for some tires.

I didn't intend for this thread to be anything other than a positive, hoping some guys would offer their opinions on tires to run. But it looks like its gonna get turned into something else.

As far as the story on James's tranny, yes it is in my shop floor. And the story on it is very simple. This was supposed to be a full built unit(second gear parts are stock and didn't have a shift enhanser) and most full built units come with a warranty. Apparently this one did not. First it was toasted on a mildly modded truck(bullydog only). The customer had to pay to have it fixed. Then it was toasted again in 5 passes and about 100 miles of driving. Again, the customer was told he would have to pay for repair again. The only other tranny shop i have dealt with that does business and warranties this way is s******t(you guys can figure out which company that is). I know when i order one from goerend, I will never, ever pay for a part that fails as long as it is under the 3 year warranty. And converters are lifetime. If I break a shaft off in one, he sends a new one. If i just wanna try another one, he sends a new one. If I break his tranny on the track(which i haven't been able to do yet), he sends me a new one. How can it get any better than that.

That being said, I just wanna get along with everyone and have a good time. I'm not here to bash anyone. This topic was not brought up by me. But that is the story on that tranny. Whether anyone else has had an experience like that from there, I don't know. Its not my business. But if you spend thousands of hard earned dollars on something that supposed to be warrantied and isn't, thats pretty crappy. It ain't right. It has happened to me also as it has to many others on products from the before mentioned tranny shop.

Now back to the main topic. has anyone tried the Nitto nt420 tires? how do they do? I will probably just go to the M&H tires, but wanted to run something I could drive on the street also.

Looks like sh!t with those bumpers on it. Musta tried to camouflage it.

Your right, I hate Chrome. I put the sport package on my other truck and made this one look like an old grandpa truck. It is on ebay only because i took it to a local track and several people wanted me to price it so i told them i'd just stick it on ebay and we'd see how much they wanted to give for it. I'll probably pull it off the last day, unless it brings enough to let it go. If I keep it, it will be getting custom paint(since we also have a body shop). Has Tom got anything new going. You guys still building the 12v? Let me know something on those Flux 4.5s

Ashley, you have a point and my appoligy for the slight de-rail....

But when I changed your post and mentioned Jeff, I was just pokin a ya and havin fun with a friend....I had no Idea you hated him that much nor did I know that you took James story over Jeff's like that.......Then when you threw the "Pawn Shop" Jab, It made me wonder what was going on..Then I remembered the James story...

There's ALWAYS 3 sides to every story!!!! Especially Second Hand info....

Oh Well!! Good luck with the truck and Goerend stuff....Mines held for 2+ years and I have the EXACT same internels James had.

Again, my appoligy!

No big deal Swole. I don't hate him or anyone else in this sport that I can think of, not sure where that came from. I don't really even know him. Like I said, i don't want to ever have any problems with anyone. I just like to have fun. I do know that the deal on the tranny is a very shi**y deal though. Any way you look at it, the tranny failed twice and didn't get taken care of under warranty like it should have.

Anyway, anyone got any info on those tires?

i have ran the nittos but like the micket thompson drag radials much better.have cut some 1.4x 60s in a fulls size truck,went upper 1.5xs with the nittos....

Changed the bumper and the grille, he thinks he built the truck now :lolly:

Where did you get this from? This is exactly why I don't post on here. There is always a problem with somebody. I never claimed I built the truck. But I have got it running faster than it ever has, is this not correct? I have built several common rails, but I really dont have anything to prove, especiall to you as I dont even know who you are.

bring that trud to steele friday and lets see what she will do on a big track. i should have a new tranny for mine by then. i hope.

not sure on the tires you mentioned, I do have two friends running proxies ont heir rides, not quite as fast as youa re on the track, but both in the 11's and liking what the tires do for them. thats 11's out of 700 hp tuned trucks. not lightened, daily drivers.

I didn't intend for this thread to be anything other than a positive, hoping some guys would offer their opinions on tires to run. But it looks like its gonna get turned into something else.

As far as the story on James's tranny, yes it is in my shop floor. And the story on it is very simple. This was supposed to be a full built unit(second gear parts are stock and didn't have a shift enhanser) and most full built units come with a warranty. Apparently this one did not. First it was toasted on a mildly modded truck(bullydog only). The customer had to pay to have it fixed. Then it was toasted again in 5 passes and about 100 miles of driving. Again, the customer was told he would have to pay for repair again. The only other tranny shop i have dealt with that does business and warranties this way is s******t(you guys can figure out which company that is). I know when i order one from goerend, I will never, ever pay for a part that fails as long as it is under the 3 year warranty. And converters are lifetime. If I break a shaft off in one, he sends a new one. If i just wanna try another one, he sends a new one. If I break his tranny on the track(which i haven't been able to do yet), he sends me a new one. How can it get any better than that.

That being said, I just wanna get along with everyone and have a good time. I'm not here to bash anyone. This topic was not brought up by me. But that is the story on that tranny. Whether anyone else has had an experience like that from there, I don't know. Its not my business. But if you spend thousands of hard earned dollars on something that supposed to be warrantied and isn't, thats pretty crappy. It ain't right. It has happened to me also as it has to many others on products from the before mentioned tranny shop.

Now back to the main topic. has anyone tried the Nitto nt420 tires? how do they do? I will probably just go to the M&H tires, but wanted to run something I could drive on the street also.

Sorry man but, this is incorrect. I talked to James in depth about what happen to his tranny when it happen. He was at fault and he did admitted it. YOU CAN NOT drive a truck the way he does and expect the trans to hold up, which it didn't. Jeff could have charged him a lot more than he did to fix the problem. A full built trans doesn't mean a life long warranty and it doesn't mean you can drive it however you want.

Ok, back to you're tires....

Yours or James'??

Heard bits and pieces of this "he said - she said" drama.....Come'on now Ash..You know as well as I do that there more to that story!!

I never seen someone GIVE away for free Chit and Labor than Jeff Garmon!! Even if it's not his fault....

Like I said, I don't know the whole story but I've heard Quite a bit for BOTH sides....Well...I'll leave it at that.....

Good luck man!! :Cheer:
i wont point a finger at who's fault, but this is the the 2nd time i am having an issue. and i have yet to see a warranty. i should have gotten it in writing but jeff told me the day i picked it up " i'll take care of you"

I don't recall any of my product going to your shop, or to any of your customers. I fixed James' converter, where the seal was damaged if that is what you are referring to. If there is a problem with my product let me know.

no the converter is working fine, and a really appreciate your help when i was down ther last!:rockwoot:

Ashley, you have a point and my appoligy for the slight de-rail....

But when I changed your post and mentioned Jeff, I was just pokin a ya and havin fun with a friend....I had no Idea you hated him that much nor did I know that you took James story over Jeff's like that.......Then when you threw the "Pawn Shop" Jab, It made me wonder what was going on..Then I remembered the James story...

There's ALWAYS 3 sides to every story!!!! Especially Second Hand info....

Oh Well!! Good luck with the truck and Goerend stuff....Mines held for 2+ years and I have the EXACT same internels James had.

Again, my appoligy!
there's always 3 sides to a story, and my second hand info i explained to ashley. was as clear and correct as it could be.

and after us speaking on the phone about the so called " hostility" between the two shops, i told you ther was none. and for you to throw out the word "hate" is pretty uncalled for. i just thought it was off key.

and not getting a phone call from "thee Jeff Garmon" the following week didnt help things either. i ended up calling and getting info from him on my issue.

after you said you would make sure i get a call soon.

Sorry man but, this is incorrect. I talked to James in depth about what happen to his tranny when it happen. He was at fault and he did admitted it. YOU CAN NOT drive a truck the way he does and expect the trans to hold up, which it didn't. Jeff could have charged him a lot more than he did to fix the problem. A full built trans doesn't mean a life long warranty and it doesn't mean you can drive it however you want.

Ok, back to you're tires....

yes we did talk, and i really appreciate your help with the issue i had.
and if you wana say i admitted that i damaged the tranny due to my driving habits i would say you are wrong. you brought up an idea of what jeff thinks happened but it was never proven or throughly explained to me that was the reason for the issue. after speaking to a few tranny builders on the phone explaining every tid bit of what you and jeff "think" happen,. they all agreed it could not proven to a T on that was the root to the problem.and i really dont appreciate running back and putting words in my mouth back at the garmon camp. has to do with shafts....

this is my clarification of the issue.
if anyone has any questions of the above please feel free to pm me.
i think the tread has takin a left turn
but sorry ashley for taking it back off subject, i dont know chit bout tires except they go round and round....LOL

about the tires

i've tried a hand full of different brands of tires, and finally put toyo proxies on the last 2 weekends. hands down the best, i know they don't look "cool" on a full size diesel but man do they stick. 1.58's at race weight of 7600 lbs. stunning performance.

is there a good size for the proxes for a 20" wheel? My truck is lifted 4" and I am running 35's right now but I am going to do something different next year, 1.8 60' is not going to cut it.

If the proxes last more than 5 runs and 100 miles! lol I would say go with em! See if that thing will grow wings! :cheer:Blacks Diesel:cheer:, then comes*nx*

Back