New "race" truck project

Head bolt torque is stock for the time being. I haven't had an issue with it yet so Im just waiting for it to go anytime now. I have a new copper .68 thickness gasket on standby. Ill try and get a video of a good launch tomorrow. Thanks Jq that means alot coming from you. Its just what I love to do and Ive been fortunate enough with this project to have things come right together... Im about 4k in which I feel is still pretty reasonable and a good example of how having the right friends and equipment you can build quite a fun toy on a budget. I made my twin kit for a staggering $78 so needless to say hookups helped alot with that. Like I said from the get go Im all for the 1stgen underdog. Hearing about so few high hp trucks did nothing but fuel my interests.. I feel that with this project I can some day be right there with the big dogs, and to think its just little ole me, good group of friends, and one hell of a shop I work out of Im making it happen. I can only hope one day I'll be fortunate enough to get out of my boring desk job and into a great career as a High Performance diesel mechanic.. We'll see I guess Im on my way slowly... I graduate from Diesel Equipment mechanics school in may and dont plan on letting up any time soon.. Thank you all for keeping up with the build so far, there will definitely be more to come its a sickness I can break so I dont have much of a choice!

If or when you get ready for more power, my brother in law has all the 14mm H/R and camplate to get you there. Its new in the package never installed parts, he bought it all and we were going through what your doing now and I stopped him and threw a P-Pump on it when he was'nt looking, he's never looked back since :lolly:. He has the stuff put up and will never have a need for it, give him a ring if you would like. His name is Bruce 214-532-1745

i just read all 6 pages, wow thats one awsome project you have going there...cant wait to see you dyno numbers. im going to dyno sunday in Dayton, Ohio it would be awsome if you took it there...at least one other two other 400ish hp 1st gens will be there with me id like to see what you make

i almost bought this truck but one of my buddys talked me out of it. from the looks of it now though it seems like its gona be a great truck

SAY WHAT?! When did this happen?

A while back on the test stand. I have a 14mm/stock camplate pump on the truck now. Been fine for a few thousand miles. That setup made 370cc which should be enough for at least 600-700 at the wheels with some baby bottle.

I still think the 14/4mm would have lived but the pump was spun over 4,000rpm on the test stand and then kablooey. I think if you kept it to 3,300rpm or 3,400 rpm that combo would live, and it put out 440cc.

Which camplate? My 14mm/4mm seized up ;(

It is the 4mm camplate, he bought it all together to do it right the first time out, but My right and His was diff. lol; needless to say it got a P7100 and now all is good:lolly:. His number is listed above if anyone is interested just give him a call. I wouldnt have a clue what these parts cost, but like I said he has zero use for them so they could prob. be bought right.... tell him his goofy BIL Ryan sent ya.
Ryan Tucker

A while back on the test stand. I have a 14mm/stock camplate pump on the truck now. Been fine for a few thousand miles. That setup made 370cc which should be enough for at least 600-700 at the wheels with some baby bottle.

I still think the 14/4mm would have lived but the pump was spun over 4,000rpm on the test stand and then kablooey. I think if you kept it to 3,300rpm or 3,400 rpm that combo would live, and it put out 440cc.

oh ok... i knew that, i thought you meant your current 14mm went out too. good to know its still working!

Engine rpm....

I think they used to be about $500 for both. Now they're $750.

Sweet, with enough nitrous hopefully you can shoot flames out the wastegate stacks like me ;) I think I need more timing....

dynoflame.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

I have a 91 dodge that I made my own twin set up for it useing an hx35 and hx55 and with the fuel screw not turned in and PODs for injectors im only seeing around 30psi of boost but I have another pump that im going to use and im going to max it out and see what kind of boost it makes.

Why not max the pump you have now?

Also, those injectors are a bit small for your turbos...

also even the slightest leak in your homebrew twin plumbing will lose a ton of pressure and power

The pump I had on it was junk and very weak wouldnt start with out starting fluid and has no power.And I know that the PODs are small for the twins but its what I got and I plan on getting some 6/16 one day.

Back