Non-Gated Compounds

Headcase98002

I'm looking to go back to compounds this Summer. Now, I have been searching on Google for a few days and came up with nothing, but I plan to run my current charger as the secondary. I'm just looking for input from members who have ran compounds without a waste gate.

For time being to save money. I quit my tech job and don't make the money I used too. I I was planning on running the wastegate-spacer, but lately I've read they suck a big one. This past summer I sold my 62/65/12 HT3B compounds to run this s464, so everything is new including the ATS T4 manifold. I like Brad Poncie's wastegate set-up I saw a while back. But for what I do with the truck 90% of the time, the waste-gate wouldn't be used.

i tried with my 471 and it got out of hand quick. i thought a 1.10 housing would help,but it just made everything happen a couple hundred rpm's later. i ended up with a .90 housing and a 50mm gate. you could try building them with a 1" t4 spacer so you have a spot for the gate if it doesn't work out.

Just spend the money on a manifold with a waste gate port and run a gate. It will save you money in the long run. I always say that if your do something make sure you do it right the first time. Not running a gate will create huge drive pressure issues.

Ill be building mine with a t4 spacer with the same 464 and an s480 side by side setup.

I would look hard into the spacer deal. I was also told I wouldn't need a spacer and low and behold my 63/475 setup had to have one.

Rich wasn't running any gates on his truck either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The manifolds are $800 with a wastegate flange built in with a lead time of 6 weeks. I'm sure I'll need a spacer so my compressor housing will clear my manifold, my Phatshaft 62 required one.

What chargers are you running with your common rail?

If you want to tune your setup correctly and make the most hp then a gate is needed.

I think you will need a gate. That's like buying the truck, making good power and putting a speed limiter on it at 55 MPH.. :(

Eventually it will get gated. I just wanted to hear from guys that are running non-gated compounds. It's getting a Cam at the same time so money will be tight.

The manifolds are $800 with a wastegate flange built in with a lead time of 6 weeks. I'm sure I'll need a spacer so my compressor housing will clear my manifold, my Phatshaft 62 required one.

What chargers are you running with your common rail?

Are you talking about a Steed Speed ? Cause they've had a price increase lately too.

Thanks Murphy, I plan on running them non-gated for a while and eventually will gate it. I have gotten suggestions on chargers and prices. I'm thing maybe 87/1.10 T6 on the exhaust side. If any of you dealers have suggestions, feel free to PM me prices.

Alright, I got a quote for a Forced Inductions 76/92/1.10 T6. It come with a race cover and a new design billet compressor wheel. I thinks it's a fairly good price and they are calling the wheel V3. What do you guys think?

I also looked into a camshaft and got a good quote on that as well.

Some have said to ditch the 464 and get something in the s300 variant.

Last edited:
S363/68. Very Cheap and good s300 turbo.

You think you need that 92 wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back