Non-Gated Compounds

I ran my hx40/3b combo with the gate clamped shut for awhile. Made a hair over 70 psi and right at 80 psi drive. Made lower 600's and seemed to run really well. But I have the big 18.5cm and 32cm housings so that helps a bit I'm sure.

Thanks, I've done had my fun with a Hx40/HT3B(75psi) and PS62/HT3B(85psi) combo. I wanna move onto something a little larger and a little more crazy. Does any one have cam suggestions? I'll have RPM's limited from idle to 3800. I want a cam that works it's best in the lower rpm, but doesn't sacrifice up top. Heads been shaved(valves not recessed) and it's already put together, so I can't degree it in.

Pictures

image-23.jpg

image-24.jpg

image-22.jpg

image-25.jpg

I'd like to bring this back into conversation. Would a s475/96/1.32 work if I compound it with my 464? I think the turbine side is perfectly fine, but the compressor side is where I'm confused. I'd also like to maybe swap to an 11 blade billet wheel.

Casey, I say just build it and try it. Tune it using housings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd look into 6 blade billet 76 for the compressor flows like a cast 80

Just a little update, I sold the s464 and bought a box s363 to use as my secondary. Purchased a .83AR(full T4 volutes and short exhaust flange) turbine housing to pair with an HT4B I picked up cheap. Running it non gated, and is very drive able.

34fb0om.jpg

I also bought a camshaft a while back, but never got around to installing it. It's a MaxSpool 184/215 with a 110LSA.

I don't have a drive pressure gauge. As for boost cruising, depending on speed, maybe 3psi. More at higher speed.

Back