Non-Gated Compounds

No, but the price would jump way up if it got swapped out. T$ is now chatting with me. I'm also thinking about swapping the 464 for the new FMW362 non gated and selling what I have.

On my 95, I saw 57psi boost, 62psi drive, with the internal gate open, 65psi boost and 99psi drive closed, and made less power cause of the insane drive pressure. I'd save for a gate.

No, but the price would jump way up if it got swapped out. T$ is now chatting with me. I'm also thinking about swapping the 464 for the new FMW362 non gated and selling what I have.

Only problem I have with the s362FMW is the extra money you pay and your not getting a whole lot more than what the s363 has to offer IMO. Close to same flow. Same turbine side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my 95, I saw 57psi boost, 62psi drive, with the internal gate open, 65psi boost and 99psi drive closed, and made less power cause of the insane drive pressure. I'd save for a gate.

But that's a t3 housing with a 65mm turbine. I still think the t4 volutes and larger turbine will be fine for a little while.

That's what I figured, but I don't see how that saves money if you have to turn around any buy a housing.

That's what I figured, but I don't see how that saves money if you have to turn around any buy a housing.

Housings would knock the savings down to only around $220 instead of ~$350. If you got an extra $220 why not get it I guess. That is a good price.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think it can be ordered directly with the divided 0.91 t-4 housing for near same cost. I'll have to look into that, sparked my curiosity.

Anyone else have any thoughts about what I want to do? Wether it be my S464 or drop down to a smaller secondary? I have plenty of time to ponder and digest some of your experiences, before I actually start buying parts.

I sorta figured this would get a little more talk....

It got to 45° and again it's a lot more pleasurable to dive. I have a local guy that might buy my entire set-up, buy we will see.

Decide on what your going with next?

If my friend buy my set-up, then I'm most definitely getting the FMW362. I got a quote from James Barder for a s475/92/1.10 T6 with Race cover and new billet wheel that Weston was doing some comparisons on, but nothing set in stone yet. Thinking of just biting the bullet on a cam regrind soon and starting from there.

I got a regrind cam that I'll sell ya cheap.

I'm not sure it will work, my head was shaved .014". I read your classifieds add. Didn't see all the specs.

I'm not sure it will work, my head was shaved .014". I read your classifieds add. Didn't see all the specs.

It's a stock 12v with a little more duration and LSA, lift is like .300/.300. It's similar to a stage 2 colt grind

Have you seen the ports on the T4 x .83 for the 68mm turbine?

They are ssssssssmmmmmmmaaaaaaaallllll.

Are you talking waste-gate ports or the volutes?

This is the only picture I can find of the volutes.

Last edited:
Back