North Texas Dyno Day

So i have heard from a few people that they think that dyno reads high.... so my question is to you guys that have dyno'ed with the same settings on your trucks... i just want to know if that was a true number or not, don't want to think my truck has 660hp and find out at the next dyno it only has 200 :hehe:
It's the same as any dyno. It reads high if it's NOT your truck. It reads low if it IS your truck.

Any idea when the full results will be posted? I ended up leaving right after I dynoed.

Whats so funny is i hear behind the scene that Oh... John's Dyno reads high.... then i hear that were going to BTS because John's Dyno reads low?
Ugh......

John

Well that didn't help me any :hehe: i would be happy if it was low... so were you the badass that was running my truck on the rollers?? if so Thanks a lot it was awesome :rockwoot:

It's the same as any dyno. It reads high if it's NOT your truck. It reads low if it IS your truck.

Any idea when the full results will be posted? I ended up leaving right after I dynoed.

thats what it seems like but it was my truck and i don't think its low i like it the numbers first time dynoing it with that set up... :bow:

Yes... i was the one runnung it.

John

I think did a great job running the trucks John, my car had no tc lockup or od off button and you got a great pull on it, as with every auto truck I saw. A teestament to your experience with your dyno.. Thanks for bringing it all the way out and making the day happen for everyone involved, also give your dad thanks for us too, he's probably feeling it today. All I can say is I am more than happy with the dyno results.

thanks guys for working hard john thanks for the help and letn me get back on the dyno again to give it another try. Ill ask just so it will be in public. John is my 918.7 a bs number lol ive never heard my truck pull that hard. i was expecting trans parts to make a exit on it.

thanks again john ill post the graph in a little bit

I ran my truck at speedtech and got 620 on Johns dyno I got 629n and I did add 5 in exhaust and a Dr P race module

So read high I don't think so

Last edited:
theres another one to prove how accurate the dyno is.

I thought it was plenty accurate. I ran mine once without electronics just out of curiosity again..
350.1 on a mustang
370 yesterday (added a CFM+)

Thanks John for being so helpful with my TST...

Most importantly we raised $977 dollars for Fregia family. A huge thank you to Dan Vallance at Valair, and John from Floor It diesel for their donations, and all the other sponsors who gave thank you. A big thank you to all of you out there, with out yall's donations and participation this wouldn't have been possible.

Class Winners

0-450
1. Travis Johnson 448.2
2. JP Woodard 445.0
3. Grant Morgan 422.2
4. Matt Moore 406.8

451-550
1. JJ Ritenite 543.0
2. Chris McKnight 540.4
3. Josh Harris 538.1

551-650
1. Dan Vallance 629.6

651+ FUEL ONLY
1. Jon Weatherby 808.5 (Ran 918hp after the competition was over)
2. Brandon Russell 768.0
3. Steven Hicks 709.8

Open Class
1. Jon Weatherby 808.5 (put down 918 after the competition was over)

I dont have the notebook with everybody in it, Ill try to get it and post up everyone tomorrow. We handed out prizes late yesterday, if you didnt get one and you are in the list above please PM me.

I put down 471 hp last year put down 490 this year with a different pressure box. I think John driving my truck on the dyno makes all the difference in the world.

so like was stated before cause my truck layed down more than theirs did it must be the dyno, cause theres no way my 64 and 110's 2wd stick is pushing more than their 62 and 90's 4wd auto...... FML more like F their Life :kick:

The track was very sticky. Ran a 7.77@94 and broke an input shaft. It was a blast but wish I couldve dynoed....

Last edited:
The track was very sticky. Ran a 7.77@94 and broke an input shaft. It was a blast but wish I couldve dynoed....

We were running after the cars last night the track was even stickier ran a 9.7 in the morning but later that night i ran a 9.48 I think the track had something to do with it.

We were running after the cars last night the track was even stickier ran a 9.7 in the morning but later that night i ran a 9.48 I think the track had something to do with it.

When I got out of my truck to look underneath my feet came right out of my shoes haha. Great event maybe we should have more events like this more often.

Went 9.41 during the morning with drag radials, I thought it did ok for cars first outing, I mean I ONLY ran 22 passes with out so much as a hiccup from the car

Back