Ram50

Hey Sting,

I hope you show tomorrow. All the info we had said 100% payback, which sucks, for anything other than the nitrous class.

Spoke with the super stock racer from the last race at Lincoln and he said it was guaranteed $500 for first in all throttle no bottle big block and small block classes. The fella putt'n on the race messaged the super stock fella on bookface. Looks like we are headed out about 4:30AM to see if we can bring some of dat cash back home. Craig is all in so things might get a little CRAZY!!!!!

Hope you get this and hope to meet you there!!!

To anyone else with nothing going on tomorrow, come on out and watch the little Ram50 battle with some of the best gassers in the sport.

Just keep in mind, we might not win first but, we will blow more smoke than anynone else!!!! lol

We will be in the money if the thing stays together. lol We have enough coolers to pack away 14 bags of ice. Someone please bring more ice with ya if your gonna show.

Thanks,

Arch

We had a pretty decent day of racing on Sunday as we left out early and headed to Carroll, OH for the $10,000 nitrous shootout. We left the bottles at home as our intent was to run in the all throttle no bottle big and small block classes.

We went ahead and threw the scoops on and ran in the nitrous race. We ended up in 10th place. The 10th place run was a 2wd run. Craig's first pass was so ruff that the keyway sheared off the chain drive. We didn't realize this until he backed out for realignment and the front end wasn't turning. He hits second gear about the time the front end hits a hump and she carries the wheels for a little ways. They were pretty exiting passes from my perspective at the starting line.

You can check out the passes on my youtube channel 'BodaciousCummins'

Also, check on hillbilly proud later in week as they were there filming. Craig got a little close to the camera man on the second pass. lol

Unfortunately, the sheared key kept us from running in the smaller classes.

I met Mr. Jeff Dean 'Stingpuller' in person. Thanks Jeff for knowing the area. We blew out a trailer tire just before reaching the event and I wanted to get another good spare for the trip home. Jeff pointed us to the closest tractor supply store. My apologies to ya Jeff for not being much of a socialite at the race. When it comes to racing, at least until its over with, all I can think about is the race.

We are planning to run the Jackson County, OH Fair Dirt Drags tomorrow and then hit the Jackson County, WV fair on Thursday night. Braxton County, WV fair on Saturday and the Flashlight Drags in Waynesburg, PA Sunday.

Lord knows the stars will have to come into alignment to make all these races without breaking. We are gonna give it a go.

you've got 500+lbs of engine on him

lol, yea not quite. I spoke with a few engine builders and have learned that a good average weight for say a 700+ engine with aluminum heads is 750lbs. Some customers opt to have the block cnc'd which can drop as much as 45lbs.

The fella I felt got first in Sundays nitrous race is sporting some big cubes with nitrous and I would guess he weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 2400lbs. He had a little skiff of nitrous on so I'd have to guess he was in the 16-1700HP range. He ran a 2.31. Our fastest time, albeit in 2wd, was a 3.00.

Mud holes make it a bit harder to compare. We are going to hit some good tracks in the next couple races and hopefully have some better numbers to compare.

I fixed the chain drive this evening. It had sheared the 1/4" key and split the hub on the driven sprocket. I pulled the chain out and laid it beside some new chain and it had stretched a little over 12". So, I welded the sprocket to the shaft and installed a new chain. I may have to look in to a little stouter transfer case set up.

We are loaded for Jackson County, OH. Hope to see some of ya there.

Just saw a vid on FaceBook where they rolled it over today. Hopefully everyone is ok. Prayers with them.

Noooo! I saw the video too.....eagerly awaiting details that everyone's ok.

I text Craig a few minutes ago. He is ok and they hope to have the truck ready for an event on Saturday.

Hey all, we just hit the door here at the house 1:34AM eastern. Craig had a pretty decent start of the run and it pulled to the left sometime around 2nd gear. When he corrected, she came around too quick and those big 44 DOT's did the rest.

Craig is fine and faced more danger from the phucktard fire dept/security people than the wrecked truck. They seemed more concerned with arresting me and the wife than caring for my son. One of the phucking idiots was pushing my son like he was gonna whip his ass or something!!!!... and this was just after he climbed out of the wreck!!!! Thanks again to the members who were nice enough to come over and apologize for the actions of others.

Truck damage is mostly cosmetic. The front frame rails are tweaked a little and the cage on the drivers side looks a little out of square. The front engine mounts are broken but the mid plate mount is in tact. The steering rack is trashed (again). The chain in the chain drive is also broke again??? Gonna have to step up a bit in this dept.

Craig is off work the rest of the week and I called off tomorrow. Of course, more damage assessment may deem it necessary to cancel but from what I can tell, we are going to hack the body off, fix the the other stuff and get the nitrous controller hooked up for the Braxton County Fair race on Saturday. I'll try to get some pics posted up before we begin hacking. It looks way worse than it is.

I need a billet compressor wheel for the 480 as ours wont survive the nitrous.

I got to meet Purn. I heard him talking about PBR and he had a PBR shirt on so I just had to ask. lol

If anyone has a good vid of the crash, please post it up. The wife threw our camera so its trashed. Craig's girlfriend has a decent vid right up until the roll over.

Anyhow, yea it sucks balls. We knew it was gonna happen eventually. You can't do this crap without a few dents and scrapes.

It's no different than anything else in life, get back on the horse as quick as you can and keep on ride'n.

Last edited:
Wow sorry to see this

Good to see everyone is ok. That sucks but like you said you just move on and forward. Get it going and kick some butt.

I'm not sure I linked the video correctly so if it doesn't work, let me know.

https://www.facebook.com/seth.johnson.9275439/videos/921743244534164/?pnref=story

After seeing this video, it is very clear what happened. Your gonna hear the r's come up all the sudden and you'll see the rear tires begin spinning outa control. Damn chain drive broke!!!!!

...and their you have it. Been having trouble with the chain drive since we upped the front tire size and it's just not strong enough. I figured I'd limp it through this season with new chains & what not...Outa have my a$$ kicked!!!

Same video as above for those that don't have a FB account.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KgJ5OSYyZg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KgJ5OSYyZg[/ame]

Slightly different angle.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kp-0T382mQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kp-0T382mQ[/ame]

Is it just me or were the fronts not throwing dirt

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

After seeing this video, it is very clear what happened. Your gonna hear the r's come up all the sudden and you'll see the rear tires begin spinning outa control. Damn chain drive broke!!!!!

...and their you have it. Been having trouble with the chain drive since we upped the front tire size and it's just not strong enough. I figured I'd limp it through this season with new chains & what not...Outa have my a$$ kicked!!!

Is it just me or were the fronts not throwing dirt

I noticed that also.

:confused:

I watched the video. Didn't read the biography

I was there last night and that truck you have is a little crazy!! lol

Looks like it could use a different tire setup for dirt IMO, but it seemed to run really good at least. Hope you get it put back together soon and glad no one was hurt.

Back