SamMace bad seller

killed300ex

Bought a edge comp box from him that he didn't disclose any issues with. Got box and the selector buttons don't work and lock the edge in level 5. He after the fact said the selector was broke and it had acted up once while he had used it. he said to call edge, once I did and told him they would be willing to fix for 149 no matter the issue I got a response "sorry man" Definitely not a stand up seller and I was willing to work with him and split the repair but now im stuck footing the bill for a box that is no good for me as I need to adjustability as I tow a lot.
Definitely wouldn't buy from again and advise others to stay clear as items arnt as described and he has no interest in making the situation right.

Not specifically but the seller doesn't call anything out as being defective isn't it a pretty reasonable assumption that it would at least function as expected? I was more than willing to work with him on it and split the repair costs, guess ill have the same money into a used comp box as a new one ... Ill take the hit but its a pretty shady way to sell something. Lesson learned

Don't be ridiculous. If the seller doesn't say anything is wrong then it should function perfectly.

I agree. There shouldn't be a "don't ask don't tell" policy when selling an item.
Only question is is did buyer use the edge for a bit then it locked up on 5 or was it that way upon receiving the edge and powering on. I purchased a Black maxx that supposedly worked flawlessly. I received it and installed it and the monitor did not turn on. Buyer claims no responsibility. Long story short I was stuck with a bad item. There went 1 k down the drain.

I agree. There shouldn't be a "don't ask don't tell" policy when selling an item.
Only question is is did buyer use the edge for a bit then it locked up on 5 or was it that way upon receiving the edge and powering on. I purchased a Black maxx that supposedly worked flawlessly. I received it and installed it and the monitor did not turn on. Buyer claims no responsibility. Long story short I was stuck with a bad item. There went 1 k down the drain.

Dont buy stuff online then. It's silly not to ask a few questions for something you've never seen but are paying in advance for.

That is bull**** Sam. man up. If you paid via paypal dispute the sale. Might want to post this on CF

Thieves suck!

Last edited:
The box I sold worked the only flaw was the selector was faulty I would take the cover off and take a needle and move the selector so it was functionally when I sold it I don't believe anything was wrong with that and that was told to the person who bought it

Comp box

Not specifically but the seller doesn't call anything out as being defective isn't it a pretty reasonable assumption that it would at least function as expected? I was more than willing to work with him on it and split the repair costs, guess ill have the same money into a used comp box as a new one ... Ill take the hit but its a pretty shady way to sell something. Lesson learned

I sold the box to you and said I ran the box like it was and it worked. The box was used when I got it.

The box I sold worked the only flaw was the selector was faulty I would take the cover off and take a needle and move the selector so it was functionally when I sold it I don't believe anything was wrong with that and that was told to the person who bought it

So you never mentioned to the buyer that the selector was broke? Is that what you are saying?

Comp box

Don't be ridiculous. If the seller doesn't say anything is wrong then it should function perfectly.

It worked fine for me. I think it was either not installed right on killed300ex. The box was used therefore was no guarantee anyway sorry it ended up being $150 to fix it.

comp box

So you never mentioned to the buyer that the selector was broke? Is that what you are saying?

I said it wasn't broke because it really wasn't it worked when I would take a pick and select it and the night I took it off I went up and down on the selector and everything was working.

If you mentioned that fact to the buyer then I'm on your side...if not then you're definitely in the wrong here.

I bought my injectors off here and there wasn't a for sure of what they were and I just did research and found out I didn't go out and say he was a bad seller. It doesn't make it right but Im just trying to get rid of my old parts

Comp box

If you mentioned that fact to the buyer then I'm on your side...if not then you're definitely in the wrong here.

I said when he first texted me I said the box works. It did work it powered on and the selectors worked. Therefore it worked and it was mentioned when he asked if I had the box for sale. Those boxes are known to go bad when the selectors go bad.

The box I sold worked the only flaw was the selector was faulty I would take the cover off and take a needle and move the selector so it was functionally when I sold it

I said when he first texted me I said the box works. It did work it powered on and the selectors worked. Therefore it worked and it was mentioned when he asked if I had the box for sale. Those boxes are known to go bad when the selectors go bad.

Talk about directly contradicting yourself.

Sorry Its just frustrating

I told the kid it worked and it did the selector worked. The Box powered up and worked. Therefore the Edge Comp Box I sold to killed300ex worked and the flaw with the selector was mentioned in the deal.

Let's break this down to plain English.

You posted that you had to use a pick to move the selector. That clearly shows the selector was in fact broken. Did you or did you not tell the buyer the selector was defective?

The selector always worked when you pushed the arrow make the power level go down just when I would push the button to make the power level go up it worked half the time and when it didn't work I took the cover off and tapped the button on the back side and it worked.

Back