Spool Aid.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this mod something that can be done with the engine still in the pickup? Your talking about putting DOM in the head and it appears to be a rather tight press fit. Could this also work with let's say a banks 3.5 inch highram? Did your boost drop any? Not that dropped boost is a bad thing in this case. This could turn out to be a cheaper alternative to machining the head to accept a different manifold. Unless you just really need to have the intake side ported just that bad.

I have done one with a 3.5" banks tube.. works fine....And yes the press fit it very tight and is holding up with no issues... No boost loss has bin noted so far..And I certianly think this is worth while to people who dont have the money to mill the head and do all the and have down time.. this can be done on the truck with a few hand tools..

I plan to be headed up to see Laramie4x4 tomorrow morning to have a setup installed on my mostly stock setup. My setup still has the stock turbo, stock intake, stock injectors and stock intercooler.

The only upgrade is an AD150 and 5"TBE. There are guages for fuel/egt/boost so that will help us see the difference as I pretty much know where things should be at.

I have a Smarty stacked with Edge EZ but it can be removed for testing and with it on.

I only run a little 66/74/14, with a cam and head work, so spool up isn't all that bad.(unless its really hot or I'm at high altitude) I just want help clearing up smoke down low. With these injectors and tuning shes wayyy to smokey. Did you notice much in response down low?

Well I will have an idea after saturday I'm installing one on a stock truck see how it performs...

Was the main intake ram also updated at the same time the tubes were added or was it updated prior to the previous dyno run?

The truck already had a upgraded intake horn, the only change was the spool aid.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Im working as almost as fast as i can to try it out on different trucks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

this sounds pretty interesting specially since i been thinking to side mount it, but for the price i think this could justify allot better ! I wouldnt mind trying it out myself...

Getting mine install tomorrow with Mike on my stock setup so I will be able to judge the difference from stock to my build upwards as I start to build my setup.

I will post the results.

Why did I agree to working on your truck so early...!!!! I'm still half asleep... I havent bin up this early in 3 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back