Spool Flange results with 467

I need a spool flange in a t6, do you have them?

Last I heard, they were thinking about it, but not yet.

Tempting...If it proves reliable, I might just run one of these for a quick sub-60psi truck

So far seems reliable. Just put 700 towing miles on it and about 4 hours of idle time mixed throughout, all without being shut off. Lots of 35psi pulls on on/off ramps and stuff. Egt's never over 1200 and any rpm/boost level, but I've got the afc tuned in pretty decent now too.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Mike get some video!

Im trying to figure out what to record exactly. If I could get a camera mounted that showed the boost and egt gauge and tach in the same unblurry view, that'd be awesome. Other than that, I don't know what to record that shows it works lol.

I have go pro mike! Come to Missouri. And I may or may not know of some empty back roads. Lol

I haven't ran new line to the gauge yet, but im sure its nothing to worry about.

Next time I'm gonna clean the studs off your valve cover bolts so you don't have anywhere to put your boost and drive pressure lines hahaha

Next time I'm gonna clean the studs off your valve cover bolts so you don't have anywhere to put your boost and drive pressure lines hahaha

Lmao it worked out, I can use them for quickly pressurizing and finding boost leaks now.

Last picture is how cleaned up the bay is with newsmoke's perfectionist touch

uploadfromtaptalk1352331096950.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1352331115500.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1352331139362.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1352331173218.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1352331192003.jpg

yep thats just how I installed mine. What gears do you have in your axles? 2000 rpm at 65 mph? With my 3.55's at 2000 rpm in OD I'm doing like 76-77 mph.

4.10's, and the tires are 32"

Ah ok. I wonder if thats part of the reason I have more lag? Cause when I hit OD it really lugs it. I was messing around today and could get 20 psi at 1700-1800, which I guess isn't too bad really for kinda poor tuning.

Ah ok. I wonder if thats part of the reason I have more lag? Cause when I hit OD it really lugs it. I was messing around today and could get 20 psi at 1700-1800, which I guess isn't too bad really for kinda poor tuning.

You must have taller tires, or higher gears. Mine is very close to stock ratio.

While my ratio allows rpms faster, it doesn't load it near as well as stock gears and taller tires.

Last edited:
Would this be feasible or practicable on twins?

I don't see why not. Only issue I could forsee is that its 1.5" thick. If you can make that work. I think 12vcumminsftw is doing it with a 66 for a secondary.

Anyone Racing with the flange currently?

Not sure, but im going to the first day the track opens. I imagine it would hold up to whatever the charger can, only weakness could be the diaphram under high pressures.

I don't see why not. Only issue I could forsee is that its 1.5" thick. If you can make that work. I think 12vcumminsftw is doing it with a 66 for a secondary.

Yea, I was gonna to use my 66/w spool flange as my secondary, but I changed my plan and am gonna use a he351. But yea, It should work fine in twins. Only issue I've heard of is the actuator blowing from high boost, but I think I read that someone was using a regulator or something to keep the pressure going to the actuator lower.

This is a lot like what we would do on pulling tractors. We would make a plate that would block off one side and experiment with different sized holes on the blocked side. No rhyme or reason behind the hole size, just gotta play with it.

Posted while playing HALO 4

Back